Welcome to Friday’s Fave Five, hosted by Susanne at Living to Tell the Story, in which we can share five of our favorite things from the last week, a wonderful exercise in looking for and appreciating the good things God blesses us with. Click on the button to learn more, then go to Susanne’s to read others’ faves and link up your own.
It has been kind of a different week for me! But every week has its good spots, and here are five from mine:
1. A Ladies’ Party at church to welcome new ladies. I even won a door prize — a gift card to Target!
2. Closet changeover from winter to spring/summer clothes. I love the lighter look, plus some of my favorite clothes are in there.
3. A short lull between busy weeks.
4. Not running out of gas. I was running errands Tuesday and knew my gas was low starting out, but was late getting started and didn’t want to take time to fill up first. I figured I’d have enough to get where I was going and could fill up when I got done before heading home. And I would have…except for hitting a detour and then trying to figure out another way to get where I needed to be. In the fluster of all that I forgot about the gas until I got to my destination, then I noticed my “distance to empty” sign said 7 miles. When I got done with my errand I tried to look up a gas station on my GPS, and when I followed its directions, I ended up at a place that was not a gas station and my DTE was 2 miles — and it has a wider margin of error than that amount! I was in an unfamiliar area except for one street that I had passed that I knew had stores and restaurants, so I figured it had to have a gas station somewhere. It took a while to find one but I finally did, and was so relieved. That’s much closer than I like to call it.
5. Getting my newest cross stitch project back from being framed.
I’m wishing now I had opted for more contrast in color between the mat and frame, but overall I like it.
I hope you’ve been able to find bright spots in your week as well!