Welcome to Friday’s Fave Five, hosted by Susanne at Living to Tell the Story, in which we can share five of our favorite things from the last week, a wonderful exercise in looking for and appreciating the good things God blesses us with. Click on the button to learn more, then go to Susanne’s to read others’ faves and link up your own.
It’s actually been kind of a frustrating week for me: it seemed like every day unexpected interruptions came up and I didn’t accomplish much of wanted I wanted to this week. But it’s in those kinds of weeks that it’s most helpful to look for the good things. Here are a few from my week:
1. Getting the Internet back. It was only off for a few hours yesterday (right when I was in the middle of trying to write a post! So that one will have to wait for another day). But it amazed me how dependent on it I was! Even to the point of getting frustrated that I couldn’t look up the phone number for our provider online. 🙂 I don’t know what the trouble was, but I’m glad it is over.
2. Getting a drawer organized.
I had been wanting to do that for ages and finally remembered to get the little trays to do so. It didn’t take too long: it was accomplished while I was cooking something.
3. Getting rid of some things. I don’t let go of things easily: I figure it will cost more to replace it if I change my mind, so if I have room, I’d rather keep it, even in a box somewhere. But sometimes even I have to go through and donate some excess, and it felt good to send a couple of bags and several boxes to the thrift store this week.
4. Christian music. I know I have mentioned that before in different capacities, but I especially appreciated it this week when I was very irritated over something, I don’t even remember what, and put a CD in while I started dinner. Before long my heart and thoughts and feelings were changed and the irritation had melted away.
5. Getting up later. The church that Jesse’s school is under had special meetings this week and pushed the school start time a half an hour later to help families who had been out to the meetings in the evenings. I could get used to a later wake-up time.
Bonus: I don’t know if I can honestly say this is a favorite or not — it’s exciting but also a little wistful: Jesse brought his cap and gown for graduation home this week.
And that reminds me of another favorite: going through his pictures from a babyhood through the present for a project for both the Junior-Senior Banquet and graduation. Such fun. Reminds me, though, that I wanted to have a scrapbook ready for graduation and need to get cracking on that…
So — though I wasn’t sure I was going to find five good things this week, I ended up with more than five, and I was reminded I did get some things accomplished even though it didn’t feel like it. It probably felt that way because I didn’t get the biggest thing done: Jesse’s graduation announcements. Maybe tomorrow!
Have a good weekend!