Welcome to Friday’s Fave Five, hosted by Susanne at Living to Tell the Story, in which we can share five of our favorite things from the last week, a wonderful exercise in looking for and appreciating the good things God blesses us with. Click on the button to learn more, then go to Susanne’s to read others’ faves and link up your own.
It’s been yet another busy week, and a busy couple of weekends ahead, but after that things should get back to “normal.” Here are some highlights from this past week.
1. Mother’s Day. My family always makes makes this a great day. Jim grilled, Jason and Mittu prepared the rest of the meal and cleaned up the kitchen afterward, all were very generous in their gifts and sweet with their cards. We got to “facetime” via iPhone with Jeremy (Jim hooks it up to the TV so we can all see and talk to him), and after a couple of failed attempts at having Grandma talk with her oldest son in CA, we finally got to Facetime over the iPhone and TV with them. She wasn’t talking much at first — she gets confused by it all — but they did have a few connected bits of conversation.
2. Roses. Some of you know I’ve missed the roses from our old house. Jim, Jason and Mittu bought these for the new house!
3. Helps for Grandma. It’s hard sometimes to know what to get Jim’s mom. She doesn’t need or have room for more “stuff,” she doesn’t read much any more. Lately she’s been getting mixed up as to which great-grandkids go with which of her kids and what all their names are, etc., so Jim got an idea to make a wall display to go near her bed with everyone’s photos and their names in large print, and I got the idea to make a little booklet of all the families.
Of course we know that won’t “solve” the memory problems, but it gives her some ways to remind herself of them as often as she wants to.
4. Jesse’s Junior-Senior Banquet. This is The Big Event of the Year at his school, at least for the juniors and seniors, and from all he described he had a great time. I had a special mom-son moment helping him pick out the corsage (and his date and her mom both liked it!) Here he is all dressed up and ready to go:
By the way, the package I mentioned last week arriving when I had prayed for it to — that was the vest he’s wearing to match his date’s dress.
Aren’t they cute? 🙂
5. Time to veg in the midst of all the busyness. There were a couple of days when I was just super-tired, and I’d been wanting to watch the movies made from a couple of books I had listened to via audiobook, Ivanhoe and North and South, so I took some time to relax and do that. I shared my thoughts about them here.
Have a great weekend! We’re looking forward to Jeremy coming home this weekend!