Welcome to Friday’s Fave Five, hosted by Susanne at Living to Tell the Story, in which we can share five of our favorite things from the last week, a wonderful exercise in looking for and appreciating the good things God blesses us with. Click on the button to learn more, then go to Susanne’s to read others’ faves and link up your own.
It’s been a blissfully not-as-busy-as-it has-been-lately week. Here are some of the best parts of it.
1. A new HVAC unit. You may remember we’d been having trouble with our AC lately, and a new unit was put in Monday. Though we hated to spend the money on it, it’s nice to have a unit that works well (and should for a long time!) and is more efficient. And a part of that was a digital thermostat — our old one was hard to get right where you wanted it some times.
2. Rain. My favorite kind of rain — gentle, no thunder or lightning. It’s rained a little almost every day this week, and though some weeks that would depress me, it has been sorely needed and it has dropped the temperatures a bit.
3. External hard drives and the fact that I had just backed my photos up last week. When I logged onto Picasa yesterday, it said, “No Photos Found.” :-0 I found their instructions for what to do about that (uninstall and reinstall Picasa), and everything worked out all right, but it was such a relief to know all the photos were safe.
4. Good meals. Cooking is not really my favorite thing, and when it’s busy I tend to reach for frozen or boxed things that require a minimum of effort. But it’s been nice this week to do some “real” cooking.
5. A good visit with Jim’s mom. I’ve mentioned before that it can be discouraging to go visit her at her assisted living place because we can tend to have the same conversations (sometimes over and over in the same visit), or she’s sleepy: one time I just got there (after a 20-minute drive), and she said she wanted to lay her head down and go to sleep, so of course I told her to go ahead. So it’s really nice sometimes to feel like we’ve made a connection and communicated and even laughed together.
Hope you have a great weekend!