Welcome to Friday’s Fave Five, hosted by Susanne at Living to Tell the Story, in which we can share five of our favorite things from the last week, a wonderful exercise in looking for and appreciating the good things God blesses us with. Click on the button to learn more, then go to Susanne’s to read others’ faves and link up your own.
It’s Friday again! I haven’t gotten half of what I wanted to get done accomplished, and had a bit of a stomach bug for a few days, but otherwise it has been a good week. Here are some favorite parts of it:
1. New CDs. I’ve been wearing out the new CD from the Steve Pettit Evangelistic Team called Before You Now (I posted one song from it on Sunday), and just a couple of days ago I received Be Still by the Galkin Evangelistic Team. The latter has two CDs, one instrumental hymns and spiritual songs, the other those same songs as a backdrop to someone reading Scripture. I’ve listened to the instrumental one several times over already. Both have greatly ministered to my heart.
2. Our favorite pizza place just opened a new location near us!
3. Quiche. For some reason I don’t think of it often, and when I do, I’m like, “Oh, wow! Yeah! We haven’t had that for a long time.” The one I make is relatively simple, but it was very good as a somewhat mild meal when my stomach wasn’t feeling so good this week. And I had the leftovers for breakfast this morning. 🙂
4. More sorting and organizing this week.
5. A book from A Lego a Day. I don’t remember how I came across this site, but I loved it from the first day I read it. Legos were some of my guys’ favorites long after they stopped playing with other toys. Dan Phelps started out by making photos of Lego figures in different scenarios with funny captions and posting one a day for a year. Then he went for another year. Now he has put some of them in a book called The Best So Far. I love that many of my favorites are in books form so I’ll always have them if the site ever gets taken off. Honestly, the book is a little pricy, but he has a 20% coupon just now that helps. And I was delighted to see that one of my favorite is there about putting on a happy face. (No, this is not a paid or a requested ad. I’m just a big fan who was delighted to get the book. 🙂 )