Welcome to Friday’s Fave Five, hosted by Susanne at Living to Tell the Story, in which we can share five of our favorite things from the last week, a wonderful exercise in looking for and appreciating the good things God blesses us with. Click on the button to learn more, then go to Susanne’s to read others’ faves and link up your own.
We had a super-busy weekend, but thankfully the last few days have been a little more restful. Here are some favorites since last Friday:
1. Having a get-together to get to know some folks better. We didn’t sign up for our church’s Dinner For Six this session as Jim was traveling quite a lot in October and it’s hard to fit it in around the holidays. But we did have some couples over last Sunday night after church and had an enjoyable time.
2. Lots of goodies. I thought I had seen the idea for mini pumpkin bundt cakes on Pinterest, but couldn’t find it just now. I did see big cakes done like this there, though. But they also had these in Family Circle magazine this month. Here is how mine turned out for our get-together:
Jim thought one looked a little angry. 🙂
I used my Harvest Loaf cake recipe in mini bundt pans with cinnamon sticks and pretzels as stems.
We had lots of goodies — homemade caramel corn, Choco Peanut Butter Dreams, barbecue meatballs, sandwiches, cheese and crackers from a guest, and Mittu made some great homemade tortilla chips and spinach dip. We’ve been enjoying leftovers all week even after sending a few things to my oldest son and giving some away to our guests.
3. Unexpected help. Some time ago I made a master cleaning list for when company came (not that I don’t do those things when company isn’t coming — I just don’t get them all done at the same time normally). My list was out on the counter when I went to the store: Jim saw it and started working on the things I hadn’t checked off yet. He’s a keeper. 🙂
4. A dinner made by someone else. Mittu offered to make dinner the next day after our get-together, and I gladly accepted. It was nice to have a night off from the kitchen. She made a couple of great cheeseburger pies.
5. Winning a give-away! I won Courting Cate from Leslie Gould during the Christian Fiction Scavenger Hunt a couple of weeks ago and received it this week. I’ve never read Leslie’s books before and I am looking forward to trying this one out.