Welcome to Friday’s Fave Five, hosted by Susanne at Living to Tell the Story, in which we can share five of our favorite things from the last week, wonderful exercise in looking for and appreciating the good things God blesses us with. Click on the button to learn more, then go to Susanne’s to read others’ faves and link up your own.
It has been a delightfully springy week. Here are some of the best parts:
1. Glorious spring weather, not too warm or cool. So refreshing.
2. Blooming trees and greening lawns and hills. It’s so good to see color come back to nature.
3. Row boats. The route to my mother-in-law’s place passes a lake and part of a river, which are often beautiful to look at anyway, but this time of year there are rowboats scattered throughout it. UT and other schools use it for training and meets. It’s kind of funny to see the rowers working hard at it and the coach skimming along in a motor boat with a megaphone. 🙂 It all looks very peaceful, though I am sure it is a lot of hard work. I’ve been wanting to stop and take a picture, but haven’t yet.
4. The Wilds Ministry Team. The Wilds is a Christian camp in NC where all of my kids have spent summers. Besides the camp ministry they publish beautiful music. They have recently formed a ministry team that travels around churches, and we had them at ours last week and very much enjoyed them.
5. Sleep. Last Sunday afternoon I had a 2 hour nap — it’s been a long time since that has happened! I thought it would then keep me awake late, but it didn’t much. Then last night I fell asleep about an hour earlier than usual, and feel refreshed and much more awake than usual. Though I know the restorative power of sleep, I tend to like to stay awake much later than I should.
Hope you have a great weekend!