It’s Friday, time to look back over the blessings of the week with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story and other friends. Here are five favorite parts of the last week:
1. Stability. My little grandson in the NICU was having a lot of trouble earlier this week with apnea and bradycardia (episodes of breathing rate and heart rate slowing down). They put him on a CPAP machine, and the episodes are infrequent now. They have no way to predict how long he’ll be on it: they say some preemie babies have these episodes almost until their original due date, while others don’t. Otherwise he is doing well.
2. A finished internship. My youngest had to complete an internship for his associate’s degree this semester. He had to get a certain number of hours in, and I was concerned because he did not find an internship until a few weeks into the semester. But he got it finished and turned in all the paperwork yesterday. That is such a relief!
3. Lesser storms than predicted. Much of the country has experienced severe weather this week. We had thunderstorms one night with predictions of hail and a tornado warning, but thankfully none materialized in our area. My heart goes out to many who lost loved ones or property.
4. Ibuprofen and Icy Hot patches. I did something to my lower back earlier this week – I am not sure what. But those two products made it bearable and enabled me to function. It’s almost completely back to normal now.
5. Good food. Two favorites: Jim made teriyaki chicken on Sunday, and yesterday I made one of my favorite things for lunch, a grilled cheese sandwich with leftover meat loaf. Yum!
Hope you’ve had a great week as well!
So glad to hear your grandson is stable in the NICU!
There was some terrible storms around the country this week. We were not affected by it, but like you, my heart goes out to anyone touched by a natural disaster.
So glad for all the technology that helps those little ones born early! Glad to hear your grandson responded to the machine that helps him. Praying he continues to grow stronger and stronger!
Sorry you hurt your back. That is such a tough thing to work through. Good to know you are on the mend.
I look forward to your updates on your grandson. So glad he is doing better. I understand all too well your back episode. Hope you continue to improve!
I hope your little grandson catches up soon and can be taken home, must be such a worry for the young parents ! Back ache usually arrives when we overdo it !
I am praying for little Timothy!! I’m so glad to read that he is more stable.
I did something to my back too! I can barely move and it hurts like crazy. I hope your back feels better soon!!
Glad that the internship went well too.
Praying here for you grandson and your lower back. Congratulations on your son’s finished internship! Teriyaki chicken and a grilled cheese sandwich with leftover meatloaf sound very yummy.
Thanks for visiting my blog @Living for God. Have a blessed weekend in the Lord!
Good news about your little grandson! Praying he will continue to thrive.
Whew, that’s a relief for the mama when the paperwork is signed and sent in and the work is done.
I’m so very late getting around for FFF–better late than not at all…
I pray for your grandson and your whole family. Praying for blessings will surround you all.