It’s Friday, time to look back over the blessings of the week with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story and other friends.
Wow, it’s been another whirlwind week. Hopefully next week will be a “normal” one. But overall it has been a good week, and here are five favorite parts of it:
1. More progress for Timothy. I decided to go ahead and share my grandson’s name, since his dad has on his blog (he has some helpful posts there about dealing with life in the NICU). He turned one month old this week! The first part of the week was rough, with more heart-rate drops than I think he’d had in a day to date, but as of yesterday he was having only 1 or 2 a day and he is in a crib now instead of an incubator.
2. Jesse’s graduation from Community College with an Associate’s degree.
Plus, we’ve been planning a graduation party for him this coming weekend, so we didn’t have any kind of celebration planned for graduation night, but Jason and Mittu brought over a cake and balloon and made some goodies. It was just the right touch to celebrate on his actual graduation night.
3. Mother’s Day. My family always makes it a special day, especially my husband. Grilled steaks, baked potatoes, corn on the cob, and some sweet and thoughtful gifts, as well as having the family all together (my son in RI was there via Face Time), made for a great day.
4. Projects done. For some time now I’ve been wanting to make a DVD for Jim’s mom of a slide show of photos set to music, something I’d never done before (either the slide show to music or the DVD), and I decided to try to do it for Mother’s Day. I thought seeing the photos bigger on the TV screen would be helpful to her. Somehow (thank God for His help and direction!) I was able to figure out the film part, and Jim was able to burn it to a DVD. Then I had wanted to make a scrapbook of Jesse’s school portraits and class photos for his high school graduation two years ago, but wasn’t able to, so I decided to try to do that for a graduation party we’re having for him tomorrow. Got it mostly done last night (now just to clean house and make food for it!).
5. Found gift cards. Jim had given me a couple of gift cards for Michael’s at Christmas, but I haven’t been able to find them. I just came across them this week.
I apologize for not being around much this week, either here or on your blogs. Between regular life, caring for Jim’s mom, hospital visits to see Timothy, graduation, Mother’s Day, and these projects, as well as preparing for Jesse’s party tomorrow, my time at the computer has only come in small bits lately. But after tomorrow there are no extra events on the calendar for a while, and no new projects to do (at least that I know of right now), so hopefully I’ll be able to catch up with you then.
Lovely photos of Jesse with each of you. And some good progress for little Timothy — praying that he gets through the rough patches. Your week sounds busy but full of good things to share with family and friends — you must be so glad to have those projects done! I’m sure the party will go very well.
The boy looks great with a beard!! 🙂
Congratulations to Jesse! How exciting! Love the pictures. Enjoy the well earned celebration! Good news for Timothy to finally be out of the incubator. Praying that these episodes ease off and that he continues to grow stronger each day!
Glad to hear baby is doing well 🙂 James was in the NICU only for 5 days but it’s still stressful.
No need to apologize. We all know that life is going on outside or along side our blogs. Our oldest daughter who is graduating as a Respirtory Therapist this summer just spent her first 3 day clinical rotation in the NICU. she has 2 more weeks left there. She is so tender hearted I was worried about her in this situation. She LOVED it! But this hospital is too far away from where she wants to live to pursue this area. She got to car for someone who wasn’t cussing her out or fighting her and she loved just getting to hold those precious babies.
Congrats on the grad! Celebrate when you can!
Hope you enjoy your weekend my friend! 🙂
Congratulations to Jesse. Yay to Timothy and projects done. What a wonderful week you had.
No apologies needed…ever, but esp now. What a blessing to read about Timothy’s progress.
The DVD sounds like a real blessing.
So glad to hear that Timothy’s improving. (I like the name Timothy – it’s my brother’s name.)
A mother’s day cookout sounds yummy. We haven’t had a cookout yet this season. I’m not so patiently waiting for an opportunity ….
Hurray for finding lost gift cards!
What a neat gift for your husband’s mom! So sweet and thoughtful. We did the Mother’s Day/graduation thing last weekend too, and it was awesome. Glad to hear the little guy is improving. Have a great week ahead, Barb.
Life can get really busy and something has to give, right? Usually it’s the blog. No worries.
Good news about Timothy! Also Congratulations to your son!
I’m glad you found those gift cards!
That is a really great picture of you and Jesse! Congrats to him for graduating! Still praying for Timothy. If the only thing we “get” from you for awhile is a little update on him and a reminder to pray – that’s great! Sounds like your plate is very full (of good but time consuming things)!
Barbara, I am so glad to hear of the progress of your grandson in the NICU. I will continue to pray for him…and his family.
Congratulations to your son for his graduation from the community college! Loved seeing the pictures of you and your husband with him! GREAT pics!
I trust that all went well with the graduation party you had over the weekend! I know your son will love the gift you made him with the pictures! And what a priceless gift you gave your mother-in-law for Mother’s Day. Both gifts were truly a labor of love…the very best kind of gift to receive!
Hope you have opportunity to rest up a bit this week!
A graduation party that will be fun ! What a nice gift you made for your MIL !