It’s Friday, time to look back over the blessings of the week with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story and other friends.
Thankfully this week has been a very normal one, compared to last week. Everyone is pretty much well from the various things we had going on, and feeling immensely better. Here are some highlights of the week:
1. Jason’s promotion. I mentioned at the end of last week’s post some good news that wasn’t public just yet. My middle son, Jason, was promoted to manager at his place of business and given a raise in salary that was just about what he felt he needed. He really enjoys his job but wasn’t making quite enough to support a family, so I am glad that all worked out and pleased that his gifts and skills are being recognized as well.
2. A refurbished computer. I had been having a number of problems with my desktop, and and mentioned for Christmas hoping for a way to get it running back up to par. My oldest son commented once that it was the oldest computer in the house. I had thought maybe over Christmas there would be some time while he was here to look at it, but we didn’t get to. Then my husband received some boxes in the mail and put them in Jesse’s room, and when I asked Jesse what they were, he said they were parts for my computer. Oh! I hadn’t known they were doing anything like that! Jesse had asked for some new components for his computer for Christmas, so they used some of his old ones plus a couple of new ones to update mine. Jim and Jesse put it together and then they and Jeremy set up programs and moved files over, all of them spending a good deal of time on it. I have quite a bit more memory in it now, which is helpful as well. It’s running much more quickly and smoothly. I am so glad they all know how to do that kind of thing. Thanks, guys! 🙂
3. New calendars. I meant to mention this last week, but forgot. One of my favorite things is getting out the new calendars the first week of the year and filling in the family birthdays and anniversaries. It’s so nice to look through all those fresh, clean pages and to flip through last year’s calendar at all the happenings of the year as well.
4. Restoring order. I love the holidays and having everyone here, and I miss that, but on the other hand it does feel good to get back to a routine. I’ve enjoyed going through and sorting, organizing and putting things to rights in the house. There is always more of that kind of thing to be done, but it feels good to make progress.
5. An unexpected lunch. It’s unusual for Jim and I to be alone for Sunday dinner, but this last Sunday we were, and Jim suggested getting something for lunch on the way home from church. It was so nice not only not to have to cook, but to have no clean-up as well, and I got a nice long nap in during the afternoon.
I’m more than impressed that your men can repair your computer and give it more memory and all of that! I also agree with the new calendar. I did just that a week ago, and it’s a wonderful thing to think about the birthday people and anniversaries and family as I copy the dates in. My calendar is my “brains” and records everything. This year, our daughter brought me one from the Audubon Society, with absolutely gorgeous outdoor pictures on it. Have a wonderful year, Barbara!
Barbara, I am so happy for you that your guys could take care of your computer for you! I have a brother who used to take care of ours. He isn’t always able to do that now, and our son does what he can when he comes from Maine when there is a need. SO…I know how good it feels to have your computer running smoothly again.
Great news about your sons promotion and increase in salary. I’m so happy for that…and that his gifts and skills are being used without him having to leave a job he liked.
Special Sunday lunch for you and your husband sounds as if it was a gift from the Giver of good gifts.
Wishing you a wonderful weekend, my friend.
I really like that at the end of each week you post what your faves were for the week. I think it’s a great way to reflect on and remember all of the good things we have in our lives. So on that thought, my five for the week are:
1) Pole classes – started up again this week, and I managed to nail a cross leg layback.
2) Quiet time on Tuesday – my partner caught up with one of his mates so it was nice to have the house to myself for a bit.
3) My new planner – I made myself a planner for the year and finished it this week. Reason is just cos I can never find one that’s exactly what i want. 🙂
4) My dog – she’s such a happy little girl and wonderful companion.
5) Public transport – I won’t say it’s a highlight often, but it does allow me to rest and relax that little bit more before and after work and that makes the day a bit easier!
Have a happy weekend! 🙂
Thanks for sharing! I love having the house to myself for bits of time. My husband used to ride public transportation when we had just one car and I needed it. He also enjoyed the time to read or relax and let someone else do the driving, but not enough to do it regularly. 🙂
Whoohoo for the promotion, what a blessing. So glad your puter is up and running smoothly again. What would we do without them? So glad you enjoyed Sunday dinner with hubby, hope you got a nap in too!
How nice of them to fix your computer ! I only use “virtual” calenders, no paper anymore !
Wonderful for the promotion and faster computer! I haven’t gotten a new calendar for this year yet, would you believe? I use my google calendar online. Have a great weekend.
I know what you mean about the promotion! Our daughter has been working lots of hours but still considered PRN (as needed). Last week she was awarded full time weekend days! She is so happy to be on days and I am just happy that she has consistant hours! 🙂
Routine and new calendars make me so happy. I just received my new “planner” in the mail from Amazon yesterday. I’m excited to sit down and fill it all in.
Ahh, yes, your Sunday sounded very nice! Thanks for sharing your week with us!
Congratulations to Jason!!! That is wonderful news! I am sure he is very happy. 🙂 That’s just great. (I’ve been waiting all week to find out what you were going to say! Nice cliff hanger there…)
Lunch out last Sunday sounds like it was very nice. Hope you are enjoying a nice weekend now also.
It really is a blessing to have someone who knows how to work on and fix computers! So glad your’s is running much smoother now. Congrats to your son. That is really good news. I’m mostly a routine kind of gal too and was glad to get the house readjusted to “normal” setting after the holidays.
I love having everything back to normal too. It’s even better to have a faster computer.
Congratulations to your son on his promotion. It is a great accomplishment!
Oh my! What a good week! I hope things keep going well right into this week. I’m with you on the organizing/cleaning thing. I am feeling like I want to do it more now than in the spring!