It’s Friday, time to look back over the blessings of the week with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story and other friends.
It’s been a cold one here, with ice and snow and subzero temperatures – and another round of snow and ice is expected for tonight. I am very thankful we’ve all been safe and haven’t lost power. I was thinking this morning as I looked on my weather app that it’s funny to think of 27 degrees as “warming up.” We’re supposed to get into the 40s tomorrow – that will feel downright balmy after this week.
Here are some favorites moments of this week:
1. Fresh eggs. Some years ago was the first time I ever had eggs fresh from a farm, and man, what a difference. We’ve talked off and on about trying to find a source for them here but never really pursued it. Then I saw a friend from church on Facebook talking about where she got hers, contacted her and she was willing to pick some up for me when she gets hers.
2. Valentine’s Day is a favorite every year. We had our usual heart-shaped meat loaves and cupcakes and played some games afterward.
3. A wonderful sermon on grace, a subject we probably can’t hear too much about, from a visiting speaker at church. In one sense, if we’ve walked with the Lord for a long time we might feel like we know all about it, but we need fresh reminders, and this particular message really spoke to my heart and brought up one aspect I hadn’t really considered before.
4. Figuring out how to access photos on my WordPress app. I used to have to send pictures on my phone by email to my computer, download them there, then upload them into my blog. It was very simple to learn how to add them directly into a post with the WordPress app on my phone – I just hadn’t taken the time to look at it until this week. Should have long ago!
5. Baby’s first snow pictures. Love, love, love these!
Timothy is not really standing on his own yet except for a few seconds at a time. Jason said this heavy snowsuit and layers of clothes underneath making it hard to bend his legs helped a lot. 🙂
BONUS: It is my sweet daughter-in-law’s birthday today! Happy birthday, Mittu!
We’re hoping to celebrate tomorrow, after we see what the weather does overnight.