It’s Friday, time to look back over the blessings of the week with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story and other friends.
It’s been a pretty nice week. Cool mornings, a little hot in the afternoons, but not like it will be later in the summer. Here are some of the best parts of the week:
1. Visiting the zoo with Timothy, and his parents and also my youngest son and his girlfriend. Timothy wasn’t terribly interested in the animals yet – most of them were too far away for him to really notice them. But the few he did see, he just kind of took it all in, observing and trying to process. Jason has a cute video of his watching a monkey’s antics. I think he’ll get more out of it when he’s a little older, but it was still a fun outing.
2. Not cooking for three days. For various reasons, we had different things going on at dinner time three days in a row. It was almost like a mini-vacation!
3. A couple of hours with a book. I mentioned in finding time to read that most of my reading is done in 10-20 minutes snatches rather than at long intervals. But Sunday I got in about two hours with my latest Dee Henderson novel. Bliss!
4. Sleep. I could probably name that every week. 🙂 I wasn’t feeling well Sat. night and didn’t get a lot of sleep. Sunday morning was one of those times I felt like I just couldn’t function, so I stayed home from church and slept about 2 1/2 hours and then napped a couple of times during the day. I finally started feeling back to normal later in the afternoon.
5. Roses budding! I didn’t think they would for a few weeks yet.
Hope you have a great weekend remembering and honoring your mom!