It’s Friday, time to look back over the blessings of the week with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story and other friends.
This has been…not a bad week but not the best. I’ve had a couple of days that I described to my husband as being busy all day but having nothing to show for it – though I guess clean clothes are something after all. 🙂 But still, there are always blessings to count, and if we sometimes have to think or look for them a little harder, the exercise is all the more beneficial. Here are some highlights since last week:
1. Jesse’s birthday. It was actually last week but we celebrated Saturday when everyone’s time off coordinated. Always fun to get the family together and celebrate someone’s special day.
2. Timothy is very interested in bags of tissue and packages now. 🙂
3. Lemon cake with lemon glaze. Normally I don’t feel it is really dessert if it is not chocolate. 🙂 But Jesse has asked for lemon cake the last few birthdays, and I have come to look forward to it. Every now and then something lemon with just the right degree of tartness hits the spot. It’s just a cake mix (Duncan Hines Lemon Supreme) and the glaze is made of 2 cups powdered sugar mixed with 3-4 tablespoons lemon juice.
4. My husband’s sous vide chicken, which I know I have mentioned before, but it is always good. 🙂 He made some for Sunday dinner with the equipment Jeremy had put together for him, and we had enough left over for Sunday evening snacking and then stir fry Monday night.
5. A few fall decorations. I need to send Jesse up into the attic tomorrow for the rest, but I got a couple of things set out. Funny how I wasn’t really ready for fall until I did that. 🙂 They do help set an atmosphere.
Bonus: cool mornings. It’s still warm in the afternoons but the mornings are not only lusciously cool, but also a portent of more coolness to come.