It’s Friday, time to look back over the blessings of the week with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story and other friends.
It’s been a full week here getting ready for Christmas. I know I don’t have to get it all done before my oldest son comes next week, but I’d like to conquer as much as possible. One moment it seems to be going pretty well – the next, it still feels like there is a ton to do! Here are some favorite highlights of the past week:
1. The church ladies’ Christmas party. I hadn’t been sure that I’d make it, but thankfully I did. The fellowship and activities were fun, and we heard a wonderful testimony of God’s grace in very hard times.
2. Sunday lunch at my son and daughter-in-law’s. Normally they come here due to my mother-in-law’s situation, but my daughter-in-law’s mom was here for a visit, and they invited us to lunch there. Great-grandma’s caregiver was able to stay a bit later, so we were able to go. Enjoyed the visit, plus it was nice not to have to think about what to make when we got home from church! We enjoyed hosting them here a few days later. I forgot to mention last week that my wonderful daughter-in-law made hamburger pie the day we did our Christmas decorating. That was a big help, plus it was yummy!
3. The children’s Christmas program at church Sunday night. They always do the nativity story, though with different songs each year, and it’s neat to see different kids in the different roles each year. It just wouldn’t seem like the Christmas season without the kids’ program!
4. Making progress with Christmas preparations. Almost have the shopping done, am just about finished with our annual Christmas letter, I plan on addressing cards tonight, and have made a start on wrapping.
5. Beef! We don’t have it often, for health and financial reasons, but I crave it every now and then. A local store advertised roasts on sale, but by the time I got there, the last day of the sale, there were only two left which didn’t look very good. But stew meat was on sale right next to it. So I dumped that in the crockpot with potatoes and carrots and have been enjoying the leftovers for a couple of days now.
Bonus: Christmas music! I love the older carols and newer songs of the season. BBN Radio is playing all Christmas music this month, and that and listening to our own collection while cooking, wrapping, etc., has been a special blessing.
I hope your Christmas preparations are going well, both in activity and heart. 🙂 Happy Friday!