It’s Friday, time to look back over the blessings of the week with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story and other friends.
I’ve had a pretty quiet schedule this week – nice after several weeks of busy ones! Here are the highlights:
1. Days at home. For the last few weeks, it seems like I’ve been out of the house nearly every morning but one. This week, except for the gym, I’ve been home every morning but one. That’s been both restful to my brain and spirit plus allowed me to get much more done at home.
2. Lunch at my son and daughter-in-law’s. My husband and youngest son were over at their house working on some projects on Saturday, and after I did my errand-running, I was able to go over and spend some time and share lunch.
3. First rose buds of the season. I wasn’t expecting these yet, so it was a delight to see them.
4. Returning flowers. I usually plant these planters by the front door with a variety of flowers and hadn’t realized I had gotten a few annuals in the mix some time before. I had been thinking a while back that I needed to clear the old stuff out of them in preparation for replanting this year, but I am glad I didn’t. I was so surprised to see these flourishing, and with no effort on my part. I’ve forgotten what they are – maybe some of you know? There are some weedy things in there I need to dig out – in fact, I think those little yellow flowers are weeds, but I kind of like the contrast they provide.
5. The annual closet changeover. I finally got all my winter things put away and culled a few things to get rid of. Feels nice to have that done, plus I love the way the closet looks with the lighter colors in it.
We’ve had some gorgeous spring weather this week and now have some rain to wash the pollen out of the air. Happy Friday!
Your flowers are so pretty! I especially love the purple violets tucked into the side of your planter. They’re my favorite flower and that variety does not seem to grow up here.
It’s wonderful to have quieter weeks to rest, recharge, and get some things done around the house.
Hope you have a blessed week, Barbara!
What a nice surprise to see your annuals returning! The pink and white are dianthus (or ‘sweet williams’) while the purple ones are violas. “Weeds” are only plants where you don’t want them 😉 I like the cheery little blooms of clover, too.
My week was kind of the opposite of yours — evenings at home are my down time but not this week! Glad you could feel rested and get things done, too.
Except for exchanging shorts and swimsuit for sweaters, that is about the extent of my wardrobe change. Oh yes, I pack away the long sleeved tops too. I imagine it is so nice to find buds and flowers in your yard. Very pretty.
Sounds like a nice peaceful week. I love your spring flowers!
I love the pics of your blooms!! yay!! we finally have some green on the trees in NY and some flowers have really opened up. Makes my heart glad. Sounds like you had an awesome week. Happy weekend!
Isn’t that wonderful that spring starts finally and flowers are coming out ? The air smells so fresh !
The flowers are lovely. And the bonus of a surprise. Sounds like you had a good week. I don’t bother changing my wardrobe around – you never know what our weather can be like! lol
Oh how I enjoy those days that are stay at home days. It’s so nice that you have a good relationship with your daughter in law. What a blessing. I’m trying to drop some pounds so I can enjoy cooler clothing…
Hope your weekend is going well.
Isn’t it fun when plants bloom unexpectedly!
The Sweet William are a picture and I love their scent as well!
It’s good to have a quiet week, to have time to catch up on all the things that need doing at home.
Wishing you a happy weekend Barbara and thank you for visiting my blog and leaving your kind comment.
Love sweet williams! I think I have them coming up too. We’ll have to see when they bloom what they are. It’s been a hectic week around here too. Nice to have those time of refreshing when we’re not racing around. Enjoy your day!
Uninterrupted days at home are heavenly. I like to change out my closet for the seasons, too. Still waiting for the first rose buds to appear!
Dianthus and violets?
I love days at home–glad you got some last week. I hope this week will include restful days again for you.
There’s not much to change out in clothes here–just putting away some of the sweaters.