It’s Friday, time to look back over the blessings of the week with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story and other friends.
I love balanced weeks of getting things done yet having time for rest and fun as well, and this has been one of those weeks. Here are my favorite bits:
1. Father’s Day. I felt bad that I didn’t have a post here or on Facebook honoring my husband, dad, step-dad, and son, but I’m just not at the computer much on weekends any more, especially if the kids come over. But I enjoyed the opportunity to honor my husband, especially, on “his” day. And, my daughter-in-law made this awesome cake for the occasion!
2. Decluttering done, at least for now. My husband and son took several boxes and bags full of things to donate to the local thrift store. Nice to have that done for now, and I’m enjoying the cleaned-out and more organized spaces.
3. Decluttering spreading. My youngest son got inspired to sort through his room as well. He threw away a couple of garbage bags full of stuff (papers, mostly), added to our donation pile, organized his shelves and closet, and even dusted! It had been…a while!
4. Take-out Mexican food. Yum!
5. Healing. My husband has been battling an infection for weeks now, with I don’t know how many different antibiotics. It’s not completely gone, but it finally seems to be well on its way out.