It’s Friday, time to look back over the blessings of the week with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story and other friends.
Another week, another month coming to an end! Here are some of the last week’s blessings:
1. A (long overdue) nice raise and promotion for my oldest son. So happy for him! Besides the helpfulness of having a bit more money to work with, it’s an encouragement to know that your boss is pleased with your work.
2. Cool mornings and evenings. I’ve been a bit envious of those of you talking about nice fall weather. 🙂 Now it has finally arrived here. The mornings in particular have been deliciously cool.
3. A delayed appointment. I had a lot to do this week and was chafing over a dental appointment scheduled right in the middle of it. Then their office called a couple of days before and asked if they could reschedule for next week. Sure, no problem! 🙂
4. Curling up with a book and a blanket on a rainy Sunday afternoon and drifting off to sleep.
5. A tape player to phone connector. I listen to music and audiobooks in the car on my phone through a device that connects it to the cassette tape player in my car and plays the phone through the speakers. After a very long and useful life the connector failed, and I was afraid they might not make them any more. I was glad to find that they did!
Bonus: The Christmas in Mitford album. Normally I would scoff at listening to Christmas music so early…but Timothy was here one afternoon and I was looking through our music library on the Apple TV for him to take a nap to, and for some reason this was the only instrumental album to come up.Gorgeous!