It’s Friday, time to look back over the blessings of the week with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story and other friends.
It’s the last FFF of 2016! This year has seemed to pick up speed as it moved along. Here are some fave parts of the last week:
1. Christmas, of course. We had all the immediate family here, thoughtful gifts, wonderful food, and a good time together. Timothy is at a fun age for it.
2. A sticker machine. My son had gotten it for me to use in making cards, but I hadn’t used it yet because whenever I had made a card I was in a rush and didn’t feel I had the time to figure out how it worked. But I got it out for the family Christmas cards I was making, and it took no time at all to learn. It was a big help and greatly reduced the smearing that can happen with glue sticks. I’ll have to compare prices for the cartridges – I am sure glue sticks are probably cheaper. But I am excited to have this option at least for some things. He uses it in his journal to occasionally post a photo or something.
3. Vacation days. My husband is off this week and my oldest son is here. We’ve been mostly hanging out at home since the other boys are working and I’m still not back to pre-injury mobility with my broken toe. But, after getting a few things done earlier in the week, it’s been nice to just hang out together.
4. Control + z. If you hit the control button and the z button simultaneously on your computer, it undoes whatever you just did. That has saved me work and frustration many times. This week, when I was making up the list of books read this year, something I accidentally hit undid the links in a whole section. When I pressed Control and z, they were all restored except the one line I was working on. Whew!
5. A new car! (I hear that in my head as a game show announcer would say it). We’ve been considering one as we were going to have to replace our van before long, but it wasn’t urgent yet. But my husband decided to look and see if there were any good end-of-the-year deals. It turns out that the need not being urgent and being able to walk away is actually a good negotiating place. 🙂 There were various discounts and features to work through, but he eventually got it for pretty close to what he wanted to pay. I’m excited – this one has features my old one did not, so it will be a bit of a learning curve, but a fun one.
Happy end of 2016, and I hope you have a happy and safe New Year’s Eve and Day and 2017!