It’s Friday, time to look back over the blessings of the week with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story and other friends.
Another week is down for the count. Here are the best parts of mine:
1. Valentine’s Day, both the sweet expressions of love from my family and the opportunity to do some special things for them. I shared more detail about it here.
2. Temporary fixes. On Wednesday my washer stopped working right in the middle of doing laundry. It would fill and drain but wouldn’t agitate or spin. I always hate to break such news to my husband, knowing it will involve time and/or expense to fix. When he came home, he unplugged and looked at it and he and Jesse Googled the problem and the make and model, and it looks like just a less than $10 part is needed, so that’s been ordered. And somehow he got it to work enough in the meantime to do a few small loads, so I got some essentials washed, and everything else can wait til the part comes in.
And I thought of the contrast between hearts and flowers and cards and candy on Tuesday night and dealing with broken washers on Wednesday, yet they’re all expressions of love that I appreciate.
3. Timothy magnets. We had a preemie NICU photo of him on the refrigerator, and Jason and Mittu got these more recent photo magnets done through Photo Barn.
4. Chips and dip – just plain Lays chips and french onion dip. I probably need to find a healthier afternoon snack, but these have been hitting the spot recently.
5. Mammogram and bone density tests are not favorites in themselves, but it’s nice to get them done (one reason I am late posting today). And…I already got a phone call that the mammogram results are ok, an even bigger fave.
It’s been a busy few days, so I am ready to settle back with some coffee and a Valentine cupcake and visit with you! Happy Friday!
I’ve never had a bone density scan; I’m overdue for one. Hope to get that done in two weeks.
Love the magnets of Timothy! You all look so happy.
those magnets are adorable!!
i used to LOVE chips and dip and about 3 yrs ago when i decided to start eating more “real” food, i switched to roasted red pepper hummus and carrot sticks or flaxseed crackers and now i no longer miss those chips! try it!!!! the flaxseed crackers are by nabisco i believe. soooo good!!
yay for the good report regarding an important medical exam and for a new washer part.
have a great weekend!
It is wonderful to have men in your home who can repair things! My hubby is the same way.
Love the new magnets for the fridge!
Also glad you have your mammogram and bone density done for another year…and that you’ve already heard back about the mammogram. That always causes me to give a sigh of relief.
Love the magnets. Just went in today and had my mammogram. Always good to have it over. I’ll probably need another bone density test this year. Hope you have a great weekend Barbara!
Washer troubles are the worst. At least if the dryer is broken, you can hang the laundry to dry. And if the dishwasher isn’t working, you can wash the dishes by hand. But to have a washer full of water and wet clothes – not much you can do about it!!
The heart magnet of you and Timothy together is especially nice.
Oh yes – I changed my name to “Anne” to comment on something else earlier this week, and forgot to change it back – that comment above is from the Ann you’re used to!! 🙂
The magnets are adorable. So great to see him as a tiny little baby and then as a boy. I love potato chips and french onion dip. That dip has always been a family tradition on Christmas eve so I don’t have it any other time of the year. I’m glad your mammogram had good results. Have a blessed day.
Yes, that’s a lovely combination of love — treats and help in time of need. What a blessing to have such resourceful family members 🙂 That heart magnet is adorable, perfect for Gramma and Timothy.
Chips and dip are my mom’s favorites, too. She used to love it when my Dad went out of town and she could eat a simple dinner of whatever chips on hand and whatever things she threw together for dip.
Yay for good test results! Free for another year 🙂 I haven’t had the density scan yet either — asked and they said not until 60??! Your magnets are so sweet. I love things like that that you can walk by frequently and feel happy every time you see them.
I’m actually waiting for my washer to die because I do not like it – it’s a HE front loader that does not wash clothes at all, and I think I must have bought a clinker! I’ve gotten the mammo out of the way- next year will be the bone density test again. Have a great day!
Love the heart shaped magnets. So sweet. Glad the washer was only a $10 fix. And that you have a handy dandy husband and son who are willing to take on a repair of that nature. I have a hubby like that too and though he is frustrated at times being Mr. Fix It, I too see it as expressions of love and caring. And you’ve reminded me that I have been putting off making an appointment for a mammogram. Sigh.
Loved that you pointed out showing love comes in all different ways, sometimes it’s fixing washers.
Those are adorable photos to have on your frig! Timothy is growing up!
Good news on the mammo!
I think fixing a washer should count double for Valentine’s Day!