It’s Friday, time to look back over the blessings of the week with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story and other friends.
We’re at the first FFF of March, and one day closer to spring! Here are the best parts of the last week:
1. Lunch at Jason and Mittu’s house. Usually, due to my mother-in-law being in our home, not being able to be left alone, and not easily moveable, gatherings take place at our house. But we were invited to lunch on Saturday at my son and daughter-in-law’s on Saturday. We went over mid-morning so we’d have time to visit and have lunch and then leave in time for Great-grandma’s caregiver to leave. They had done a lot of painting and redecorating at their house – even building a table! So it was nice to see how everything looked, nice to visit, and nice to get out for an outing. Of course Timothy and I spent a lot of time playing in his room. 🙂 Jason caught this picture of our guitar duet. 🙂
2. A rug. I have been wanting to get a rug for this room for ages. It’s smaller than the average living room, so we call it by turns the reading room or the alcove or just the living room. I hadn’t seen anything I liked in the local chain stores and just hadn’t made it out yet to some other floor covering stores in town. I had seen things I liked in catalogs but was antsy about buying something that large that way and then having to deal with it if I didn’t like it. So we had this rug in Jim’s mom’s room. It used to be Jason and Mittu’s – I think we bought it for them not long after they were married – but they didn’t have space for it when they moved into an apartment, and it didn’t really go with their decorating in their rental house. It didn’t really “go” with the things in Jim’s mom’s room either, but it kept part of the concrete floor warm. I had been thinking for months now that it might work in the living room. I was thinking I needed to roll it up and bring it in and try it when it occurred to me that I could just take a pillow from the couch over there (duh!) I asked Jim what he thought, thinking that one Saturday when he had time we might transfer it over, but he got out the cleaning supplies that evening after dinner, and we got it set up. I like both the way it looks plus that the proportions fit so much better than the little mat we had there. Of course, if J&M ever want it back, we’ll be back to square one. 🙂 But we’ll cross that bridge when we come to it. And we did have another rug on hand for his mom’s room that Jim had bought at one point to put in the bottom of the tent when they have their big epic backyard camp-out this summer, so we put that in her room. It actually goes well with the futon and curtains there.
3. A visitor to the bird feeder. I mentioned last week a new clear bird feeder that attached to the kitchen window. We finally had our first visitor there! He was very skittish about movement or sounds in the kitchen, so he didn’t stay long. I think he was a tufted titmouse. Hopefully he’ll come around again and get more used to us, but next time I see him I’ll stay still for a bit. Plus the replacement one I bought for another window has regular visitors now.
4. Weather. We had some pretty severe and scary storms on Wednesday, but thankfully didn’t suffer any damage or lose power. Then Thursday and this morning, though it has been cold, we’ve had bright, beautiful, blue skies.
5. This video. God’s creation is such a marvel. If this world, marred by sin, contains so much wonder, what must heaven be?