It’s Friday, time to look back over the blessings of the week with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story and other friends.
It’s been a wonderfully springy week! Here are some of the best parts of it:
1. A working toilet. The one in my bathroom had been having problems for a few days and finally stopped working altogether. Thankfully it wasn’t the only one in the house, but, still…it was a great relief to have it operational again, and I am thankful for a handy husband who can take care of things like that.
2. A new pillow. Mine had gotten hard and bunched up. Even washing and drying it, which usually fluffs it up a bit, wasn’t working any more. The new one has almost the opposite problem – I kind of sink into it. But I am getting used to it.
3. New flowers. I got some new flowers into the two planters out front and hanging baskets up outside. I always love how it looks to have them there. For some reason we don’t usually get to it til mid-May, but this year I looked up the date of the last expected frost and got them up the first weekend after! I’ve got a couple more planters in the back and a place or two in the yard to fill, and I am looking forward to looking for plants for those soon. Someone had also given my mother-in-law an arrangement of several spring bulbs, and after they started to droop I dug out the bulbs and planted them outside. I’ve never planted bulbs before, and I hope they “take.”
Lowe’s had these already assembled, so all I had to to was just dig a hole and transfer it to the planter.
And our dogwood trees are starting to bloom!
4. My oldest son coming for a short visit this week for a couple pf family celebrations, which I’ll have more to say about next week. 🙂
5. Family walks. Jason, Mittu, and Timothy have been over a couple of evenings for Timothy to ride his little car, and as he got off and explored, that led to some of us taking a walk around the neighborhood. The weather was just right and it was a fun little outing. Plus Jason has an app for his phone that, when a dog is barking loudly, it plays a high-pitched frequency that they can hear but we can’t, which discourages them from barking. There are a couple of houses I hate to walk by because their dogs just follow and bark the whole time, so it was nice to be able to deter that some.
Finally, it’s a highlight of every week to remember our Savior’s death on the cross for our sin and to be thankful for the salvation He offers, but this week when we especially commemorate it, it’s a blessed reminder of His love and grace for us.