It’s Friday, time to look back over the blessings of the week with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story and other friends.
This has been a pretty eventful week, and I am so blessed to have seen God’s grace in it. Here are a few favorite things:
1. Sharing. This was actually a couple of weeks ago, I think. A lady in our church with Parkinson’s has been having trouble swallowing and needed to go to a pureed diet. Jim offered to go over and share with her husband what we do in preparing pureed food for his mom, and I think it was a big help, especially this temperature gun so you don’t have to keep sticking your finger in the food or tasting it.
2. Rediscovering unused gift cards. I was looking at the Galkin Evangelistic Team‘s new CDs, and since they’re on iTunes, I dug around in my desk for an iTunes gift card tucked back in there. I found two, and thought I had already used one, but I put it in just in case, and it hadn’t been used. So I found $75 worth of iTunes credit that I didn’t know I had! We occasionally rent movies through iTunes, so it’s nice to have some credit in place for that.
3. Hummingbirds. It seemed to take them longer than usual to find us this year, but now we see them regularly.
4. Surgery OVER. The surgery itself went well, and though we had a problem with bleeding afterward, everything seems to be ok and on the mend now. I got home yesterday afternoon. I’m still on anti-arrhythmia meds for a few weeks while everything heals and settles down, but I’m hoping that when I see the dr. next month, I can get off those.
5. Family and friends. My husband is an excellent caregiver and doesn’t mind anything from changing dressings to making breakfast and washing dishes. Jesse made Great-Grandma’s breakfast one morning we were gone and Mittu made it the next day. Jason and Mittu stayed overnight Wed., and Jason turned Great-Grandma over during the night. Mittu made three meals ahead of time for us. GG’s regular caregiver lives close by, so she popped in to feed her dinner and get her ready for bed in the evening. Jesse even fixed his shower handle that broke while we were away. I didn’t know he knew how to do that. 🙂 I so appreciate everyone pitching in. ♥ I also was blessed by cards, text messages, emails, Facebook comments, and phone calls from loved ones and friends, and especially everyone’s prayers.
I’m spending the weekend relaxing and recuperating. 🙂 Hope you have a great weekend as well!