It’s Friday, time to look back over the blessings of the week with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story and other friends.
I cannot fathom how we’re 1/3 into August already! And August is a busy month for us, so I imagine it will go pretty fast, too. Here are some favorite parts of the last week:
1. An unexpected gift from a blog friend. Dianna sent me a sweet card and this cross that her husband made as a recovery gift after my surgery. I was so touched by their thoughtfulness. (The flowers are from Jason and Mittu, favorites, too!)
2. A gel seat cushion in my computer chair has been a big help with sciatic nerve pain.
3. Peanut butter chocolate chip mug cake. I’ve made this a few times now (not all of them this week! 🙂 ) It’s an easy recipe, 1 minute in the microwave, and perfect when I want something sweet but not a whole panful of something.
4. My husband’s sous vide chicken and pork loin. He made them on Sunday, and usually I use the leftovers in a stir-fry, but this week we used them in salads a couple of times. Very good!
5. Healing. I am feeling much better than I was this time last week. I’m making my first excursion to the grocery store today since the surgery, taking Jesse with me for the heavy lifting and to take over if I tire out. 🙂
Bonus: Finding some time this week to work on a special project I’ve been wanting to get to for ages. I hope to share more when I have more done with it. 🙂
Bonus 2: Timothy’s reaction when he noticed 3-D cows on a Chick-Fil-A billboard: “Cows up there! They’re drawing!”