It’s Friday, time to look back over the blessings of the week with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story and other friends.
The first week in September has passed already! Here are some of my favorite parts of it.
1. A good visit with the doctor. I had my yearly physical this week and was all prepared for bad blood sugar results (and a scolding) due to all the family birthdays and stay-cation and lack of exercise after surgery. I am not diabetic, but my blood sugar has been higher than normal, so I was supposed to have been working on weight and diet since last time. I was bracing myself – but my blood sugar was lower than last year!
2. These donuts (ironic that I’d mention donuts right after blood sugar issues….). I’m not big into pumpkin-flavored everything this time of year, but these caught my eye in the store, so I thought I’d give them a try. They’re not going to be something I get regularly, but they were nice for a treat.
3. Safety driving. Jesse was in Atlanta with friends over Labor Day weekend and drove there and back safely.
4. Coolness. That crisp, cool fall air that I love about the season arrived this week. We’ll probably still have some hot days off and on, but it’s good to get a taste of fall. (And another aspect of fall is football, which I am generally not much into, but we’ve started watching some UT games since we moved to TN. Their first game last Monday was a nail-biter!)
5. Time with Timothy. First, last weekend I got a voice message from Jason’s phone with Timothy saying, “Grandma!!!! Can come over dere?” I wish I could play it here – it was so cute. Then, our dryer died this week, and I asked Jason and Mittu if I could use their dryer for a couple of loads this morning (Thursday). While there Timothy and I painted at the table and then he wanted me to “play toys” in his room. It was a fun and relaxing time.