It’s Friday, time to look back over the blessings of the week with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story and other friends.
This has been an up and down week, but I still have more than five things to share, so I’ll have to choose! Here are a few favorite things:
1. Grandparent’s Day was last Sunday, and Jason and Mittu brought over dinner and dessert on Saturday night and shared a special video they had made with photos of Timothy with us and recordings of some of our voice messages. Sweet!
2. A good post-op visit with my cardiologist. I had gone into it discouraged because I had still been having some irregularities, including a five-hour afib episode last Friday. They had told me to expect some irregularities as things healed, and that the surgery itself could cause them, but I had thought that by six weeks, everything would be healed and settled. I guess that was not the case. The doctor said everything was “just the way he liked to see it,” and I see him again in 2 months. It took me a couple of days to actually feel encouraged by the visit, but at least we’re going in the right direction.
3. Fall goodies. I made caramel corn and Peanut Butter Rice Krispie treats last weekend, and Choco-Peanut Butter Dreams on Thursday. I need to lay off the baking for a while, but we’re enjoying having these in the house!
4. Little Caesar’s is not my favorite pizza of all, but every now and then that $6 Hot and Ready pizza just hits the spot. Sunday afternoon Jason and Mittu had other plans for lunch, so Jim, Jesse and I just grabbed a couple of pizzas and Crazy Bread on the way home from church for a quick lunch. I used to do big Sunday dinners, but we get home so late, I’m pretty much looking for quick Sunday meals – more time for rest that way! 🙂
5. Cool weather. I love this time of year, and the relief from the heat of summer but not facing the cold of winter for a while yet. And we still have turning leaves to look forward to!