It’s Friday, time to look back over the blessings of the week with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story and other friends.
September is going by so fast. Here are some highlights of the last week:
1. Youngest son Jesse’s birthday.
2. A successful gluten-free lemon bundt birthday cake. I had two different recipes but not all the ingredients for either one, couldn’t find what I needed at the store I was in, but had no time to go to another. I improvised and hoped for the best, and it turned out great! (Sigh of relief!)
3. Restful days. I don’t usually have the TV on in the daytime except for when Jesse and I watch something while eating lunch together. But I gave myself permission to catch a program I had missed one afternoon and then spent the rest of the afternoon doing relaxing things. Nice to do that every now and then!
4. Messages from my grandson Timothy. Every now and then his parents will help him send a voice text over the phone. I love having his little voice on record. One day he told his mom he wanted to text, but when she recorded it, he said, “I want to Face Time please” in such a sweet little voice. So we did! Another time he wanted to FaceTime, but I was in the store: I am not coordinated enough to shop and FaceTime at the same time, and there’s no good place to pull over in the grocery store to do that. Jason sent a voice text with Timothy repeating in a disappointed voice, “Want to say hi.” So we sent a few voice texts back and forth, saying Hi that way. 🙂
5. The first day of fall is today! We’ve slipped back into more of a summer feel the last few days, but here’s hoping those crisp, cool days will return soon. I’m hoping to get out my fall decorations in the next day or two!