It’s Friday, time to look back over the blessings of the week with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story and other friends.
It’s the last FFF of October already! Times a-flyin’! Here are some favorite parts of the last week:
1. Lasagna. I had gotten all the ingredients and was just waiting for a time when the kids would be here and I had the time and inclination. That all came together last Saturday!
2. Central heat. It finally got cold enough to turn on the furnace. I’m so glad I can just push a button and don’t have to deal with bringing in wood or cleaning out ashes (or having everything smell like wood smoke).
3. Clearing out things to give away. I have a box in the pantry for the purpose of tossing things I want to get rid of. That had expanded to more than one box, plus Jesse had a stack of clothes on top of his dresser that didn’t fit any more, plus a few other things had caught my eye. There was no major going-through of closets and such this time around, which was nice since I didn’t really have time for that, and it had been done earlier in the year anyway. But pulling out the things that had caught my eye did lead to a bit of sorting in cabinets and on shelves here and there. I’ve almost got it ready to take down to the thrift store. It’s nice to clear stuff out and get it to someone who can use it.
4. Having plans for the weekend. We’re not big goers and doers. Jim usually has something to do on the weekends (grass to cut, projects to work on, etc.), and I like spending them at home most of the time. But sometimes it’s nice to have something different to look forward to!
5. Bright blue skies after a few days of rainy and/or overcast ones. We needed the rain, and thankfully I didn’t have to get out in it, but it does my heart good to see blue out my window rather than grey.