It’s Friday, time to look back over the blessings of the week with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story and other friends.
Though it has been a great week, at first I had trouble pinning down five specific favorites items. But that’s one thing the FFF is great for: making the time to think over the week and recount the blessings. And if some of these are “repeats,” that’s fine – it’s good to be thankful for them as often as they occur!
1. My oldest son is visiting! It’s not only good to see him and spend time with him, but we also have extra time with the whole family when he’s here.
2. Spring days. Finally in the last couple of days it has started to feel like spring. Sunshine, nice temperatures, cool breezes. I see one more night in the 30s in next week’s forecast, but hopefully spring is here to stay. We especially enjoyed hanging around in the back yard yesterday evening while Timothy played.
3. Dogwoods budding! For some reason the buds in this picture came out darker than real life, and my attempts to lighten the photo distorted it, so I left it.
In addition, the new little tree we planted last fall, that has just looked like bare sticks for months, is sprouting some new baby leaves.
4. Lunch at my son and daughter in law’s with the family. Always fun to spend time there.
5. Plans and preparations. A certain little someone’s birthday is coming up soon! And we have a few more family activities planned while everyone is here.