It’s Friday, time to look back over the blessings of the week with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story and other friends.
It’s the first Friday in May, and it has been a wonderfully springy week! Here are some of the best parts of the past week:
1. Lunch with a friend. Melanie came over for a potluck soup and sandwiches lunch and then we delved into some card-making supplies. Fun! Somehow we hadn’t seen each other in a while.
2. Catching up with an long-time friend, one I’ve known since early married days. I got a Facebook message asking if I had time to talk, and I did, so she called. We had been messaging on Facebook about the desire to actually phone each other some time, but it hadn’t worked out until this day. I so enjoyed catching up with each other.
3. A dinner get-together. We had my son and daughter-in-law and grandson over along with the pastor of the church we’ve been visiting and his family, with all of us contributing parts to the meal. We thoroughly enjoyed visiting together and ended with a rousing game of Telestrations.
4. Nostalgic discoveries. I caught sight of a box of children’s books I had forgotten about in a closet, so I pulled it out to see if any of the books would be suitable for Timothy’s age now. Some of them were favorites I remember reading to my kids, and it was fun to find them again. Some notebooks of my kids’ drawings, mostly Jason’s were also in the box, and I enjoyed looking through them and then showing them to Jason the next time he came over.
5. A repainted swing. The seat that my husband had built for our patio swing looked weather-beaten, so he sanded it and painted it this time with outdoor paint rather than staining it. It looks much better, and hopefully it will hold up better. I need to make a replacement for the cover it used to have, and that should help even more, as well as providing shade.