It’s Friday, time to look back over the blessings of the week with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story and other friends.
This time next week, it will be June! But for now, let’s enjoy what’s left of May. Here are some favorite parts of the last week:
1. Patio additions. Jim had bought this bench to provide a place to sit at the edge of the front yard when we watch Timothy in his riding toys on the cul-de-sac. But we pulled it back to the patio for our first grilled meal, and we decided we like it there. Then, I used my Amazon points to get a water table for Timothy, and he has enjoyed using it several times already.
2. Watching a movie with Jim. Last weekend we found ourselves alone for the evening with nothing on TV to watch. Someone had mentioned the movie “Wonder” to me, and the previews looked good, so we watched it together. So good. Even though it’s primarily about a boy with a disfigured face, the theme can be summed up in one of the precepts that his teacher conveys to the class: “Be kind, for everyone is fighting a tough battle.”
3. A satisfactory ending to a dispute. An item I had bought online had a problem, and after several emails the dispute was finally settled to my satisfaction. I usually ask my husband to handle these kinds of things, but I was pleased that I saw it through and that it worked out well.
4. Mending done. I tend to put off mending as it’s often a headache. But one item needing attention was my husband’s most often worn sports coat. So I worked on it and a pair of pants with the cuff coming undone. They both came together about as easily as they possibly could have, much to my relief.
5. Checking off the to-do list. I had a number of minor tasks around the house that I had been putting off. When I finally got to them one day this week, it only took around an hour to take care of them all.
Here in the US we have a 3-day weekend with Memorial Day on Monday. It’s usually a time of get-togethers and cookouts, the kick-off to summer. But we don’t want to forget those who helped to make such days possible.