It’s Friday, time to look back over the blessings of the week with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story and other friends.
I’m late today! Had a project to finish up. Here are some of the highlights of the last week or so:
1. Finally using a gift card. Someone gave us a gift card to a restaurant so long ago that I can’t even remember when. The restaurant was not nearby, and of course arranging care for Jim’s mom outside the usual time gets expensive, so we just never went. But we pass by this restaurant on the way to the church we’ve been visiting, and I commented a while back that we ought to stop there one Sunday after church. It finally worked out to do that this last weekend. The food was really good, and I enjoyed the time out – and of course someone else doing the cooking and cleaning up.
2. Air conditioning. I’ve seen this floating around Facebook.
3. Finishing books. I love reading, but I like completing a book as well. I had been plugging away at some and finished three within two days of each other this week.
4. Scrapbooking paper. This is an odd one, I know. I have not done much scrapbooking, though I need to. But I use the paper to make cards, and there are just so many beautiful options. I wish I could find fabric in some of the paper designs.
5. A community Facebook page. Someone just told me this week about a Facebook page for our little area. It’s nice for things like finding out where the power is out, where traffic snarls are, lost or found pets, etc.
Bonus: not losing power during the several thunderstorms we had this week. The lights flickered a bit, but thankfully never went out.