It’s Friday, time to look back over the blessings of the week with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story and other friends.
I was so sorry to have missed last week! With preparations for a church baby shower, two family birthdays, and a visit from my out-of-town son, I just didn’t have time to sit down and compose a post then. But I am glad to be back now with a full week and heart. Here are some of the best parts:
1. My son’s visit. He’s here for a little over a week!
2. My son’s birthday. He wasn’t here on his actual birthday, but we celebrated a few days late.
We had a grilled hamburger feast, and Timothy wanted to do a pinata. I thought it would fall apart with one whack, but it took a while to break through! Jason and Mittu had filled it with a little candy but also some little fun things like small bubble solutions, little finger lights, etc.
2. My birthday! It was nice to have the family all together for it. We usually can’t go out to eat dinner due to Jim’s mom needing someone with her, but we asked her daytime caregiver to come back that evening. We went to one of my favorite restaurants right on a lake. The view was gorgeous and the food was great. It seems like every time we go to a restaurant lately, something is wrong with someone’s order, but this time everything came out right.
My daughter-in-law made my lovely cake!
3. Family time. I always enjoy having everyone together to talk, play games, or just hang out. Besides my oldest son being here, my husband took the week off, and Jason and Jesse took a day or two off as well. We didn’t have any “big” outings this week, but we’re looking forward to a picnic this weekend.
4. A rediscovered lamp. My sewing room has never had enough light, even when I open the blinds and turn on two lamps and the closet light. But it’s better in the afternoons when the sun is on that side of the house and more light comes in the window. One day last week, however, I needed to work in there in the morning and was frustrated over the lack of light. I remembered that my husband had gotten me a lamp for my work table a long time ago, but I had not put it out because there wasn’t a place for it. But I got it out and tried it. Even though there is still not a good place for it, it helped so much having light right where I needed it. I found out the lamp has three settings, too, so I can adjust it just right.
5. A ceiling fan for my bedroom. I have wanted one for a long time and finally got one for my birthday.