It’s Friday, time to look back over the blessings of the week with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story and other friends.
I’m trying not to start every single FFF with a comment about how fast the week went…but, man, it sure seems like September flew by quickly! For now, I get a few moments to slow down time by reflecting on the best parts of the last week:
1. Lunch with a friend at her house. Great food and fellowship. 🙂
2. Meals out or brought in. My daughter-in-law recently said that eating out is her love language, and I feel much the same way. Somehow I ended up not cooking for three days in a row.
3. Quick, simple meals. I’m thankful my family is content with just soup and sandwiches when I have had a busy day and am late getting to meal preparation. And! Soup! Though we have it year round, it’s especially nice in the fall and winter.
4. Fall decorations. No picture, since it is pretty much the same every year. I’m feeling more ready for fall now that they’re up.
5. Flourless Applesauce Spice Cake. Wonderful stuff even if you don’t need to go flourless.