It’s Friday, time to look back over the blessings of the week with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story and other friends.
Here are some high points of the last week:
1. Healing. Thankfully we seem to be doing much better this week, though Jim still has a cough.
2. Live streaming. Jason was in a friend’s wedding out of state last weekend. I knew the groom: he has been at our home several times. But I had never met the bride. Thankfully they live-streamed the wedding, so I got to see not only the ceremony but also a glimpse of Mittu and Timothy when the camera panned the audience a few times.
3. A good trip for Jason, Mittu, and Timothy. They had safety traveling, they got to connect with a couple of old friends, Timothy handled everything really well, and they got to visit the Creation Museum!
4. Shopping is something I usually do at home online on purpose. But every now and then it’s fun to shop in town as well, especially when I find what I am looking for.
5. Fall/winter meals. I don’t use the oven a lot in the summer because the AC can’t keep up. So when the weather cools off it’s nice to get back to those oven meals plus “warm” meals like soup. We had soup a couple of times this week, a quiche, and hamburger pie. They not only make the house feel and smell cozy, but they are hearty as well.
It’s so nice to get back to cooking in the fall, isn’t it? I was curious about the Creation Museum, so I followed your link. Our area was supposed to get something similar years ago, but I’m not sure what happened to the idea. It looks amazing! I’ve never seen a wedding streamed, but that is a great idea.
Enjoy the weekend, Barbara!
What a lot of good things! Wow, I’ve never heard of live-streaming a wedding. That’s pretty neat. I love quiche and “comfort food” of all kinds — yay for that. I’ve had relatives visit the Creation Museum and all have raved.
Wow live streaming of a wedding. Technology is great sometimes. I love online shopping. Hope you have a great weekend.
I love summer cooking ( the fun cold veggie salads, the grill, ice cold desserts) but i also love the cozy crockpot and Oven meals!! Yay for homemade soups and stews!!
Praise God you all feel better this week!
Live streaming a wedding!! Amazing!! I love technology especially for online Xmas shopping since i teach full time and hate going to the malls!!
Have a happy weekend!
I love cooking in the cooler months. This is my favorite time of year.
It’s getting cold here too ! Our beautiful summer is over ! I have never shopped groceries online but I think I have to try it out once ! Other things I have ordered, even our sofas for the living room but not even a bread !
I am so very glad that you are on the mend!
I love the warmer, flavorful fall meals. How fun that you got to watch the wedding from home. That’s something I never heard of before. We have a creation museum in a little town about an hour from here but I’ve never been. I’ll have to check it out sometime. Glad to hear you are all feeling better.
It is amazing that technology lets you do things like stream your own wedding! I’m on the look out for some good soup recipes. I don’t use my oven much either in the summer.