It’s Friday, time to look back over the blessings of the week with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story and other friends.
Halfway through November already! And Thanksgiving is next week! As the days fly by, it helps to slow down, take a moment, and recount the best parts of the week so we don’t lose them altogether.
1. Operation Christmas Child. I had heard about it for years, but this is the first time we’ve been in a church that participates in it. And thanks to Susan’s post about shopping for OCC at the Dollar Tree. We have one nearby, but somehow I just never made it in there. It really helped my OCC dollars go much farther.
2. Having the house all to myself. No offense to my family when I say that! (I love you all! ♥) But for years, since my youngest started school, I had been used to some quiet time and solitude during the day – amidst running errands, housecleaning, etc., etc. That’s been hard to come by the last few years with my my mother-in-law here, a caregiver and hospice help in and out, my husband working from home some days, and my youngest both working from home and taking classes online at home. Not complaining about any of that. But it made quiet and solitude a little harder to come by. I had to trust that “my heavenly Father knows what things I have need of” and enjoyed pockets of quiet time here and there. So to have a whole day was a treat! My m-i-l was still here, of course, and our helper for her was here for a few hours.
3. A movie night at home. We hadn’t had a movie night all together for a long time.
4. Prompt, helpful customer service has not been the norm the last few times we’ve needed it. Maybe that’s why an excellent customer service encounter this week stood out all the more.
5. Good progress on my book project. I’ve been chipping away in bits and pieces, but it felt good to get big chunks done this week.
Have a good weekend, and a wonderful Thanksgiving week!