It’s Friday, time to look back over the blessings of the week with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story and other friends.
I hope you had a wonderful Christmas. Here are some of the best parts of the last week.
1. Our 39th anniversary. I know I mentioned that last week – but it was in the morning before we celebrated. 🙂 We went out to a favorite restaurant while my son and d-i-l stayed with Great-grandma. Then we exchanged cards at bedtime (our ritual for years), and on another night my daughter-in-law made us a special dinner.
2. Having all the family together. My oldest son came in last weekend and is here for several days, and Jason, Mittu, and Timothy have been here quite a bit. Though I hope we’ll always celebrate Christmas together, I don’t take that for granted.
3. Christmas Day, of course, with a special breakfast, reading the Christmas story, the happy chaos of opening gifts and sharing the details associated with them, a great dinner, naptime, and leftovers, pie, and games in the evening.
A couple of Timothy’s new gifts:
4. Christmas cards and newsletters. Though the number dwindles each year, I love sending and receiving Christmas cards, catching up with news in people’s Christmas letters, and seeing family photos.
5. A new iPad mini. I use my iPad mini quite a lot, doing most of my Kindle reading there and playing word games with my sisters, among other things. I have been frustrated with it for months due to extremely slow loading and apps crashing. One app would not update, and when I checked to see why, it said it needed a higher operating system than what I had – and my device apparently didn’t update any further (it’s operating system was 9.-something, while my phone’s is 12.1). So that was evidently what was causing my other problems with the iPad. I told my husband about the issues and asked if he could keep a lookout for a deal on a new iPad mini. He surprised me by giving me one for Christmas. We got it set up last night, and it’s so refreshing to have everything work well and speedily. So I am thankful not only for a good working device, but the thoughtfulness behind it.
Enjoy the rest of 2018!