Bev hosts the Mount TBR Challenge to encourage us to read what we already have on our shelves, and every twelve books is one more level.
I had only committed to to Mount Blanc (24 books). But I made it past the next level at Mt. Vancouver (36 books), with a grand total of 39.
Bev also proposes taking the first part of some well-known sayings and pairing them with titles of some of the books we read:
A stitch in time…[keeps] The Pattern Artist in business.
Don’t count your chickens..[in] The Secret Garden.
A penny saved is…. Emma’s Gift.
All good things must come… When the Morning Glory Blooms.
When in Rome… [I long to come] Back Home Again.
All that glitters is not…[is not] Julia’s Hope.
A picture is worth a… [a] Journey to the Center of the Earth.
When the going gets tough, the tough get…Tea With Emma.
Two wrongs don’t make…[a] Mountain Between Us.
The pen is mightier than….Invincible Louisa.
The squeaky wheel gets… Someday Home.
Hope for the best, but prepare for…Scrapping Plans.
Birds of a feather flock…[at] My Father’s House.
Here are the already-owned books I finished, listed on order of completion.
- Ghost Boy: The Miraculous Escape of a Misdiagnosed Boy Trapped Inside His own Body by Martin Pistorious (Copyright 2013, Finished 1/8/18)
- The Man Who Was Thursday by G. K. Chesterton (1908)(Finished 1/17/18)
- Conscience: What It Is, How To Train It, and Loving Those Who Differ by Andrew David Naselli and J. D. Crowley (2016)(Finished 1/24/18)
- 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea by Jules Verne (1870)(Finished 1/26/18)
- Mozart’s Sister by Nancy Moser (2006)(Finished 1/28/18)
- The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett (Finished 2/3/17)
- The Austen Escape by Katherine Reay (2017)(Finished 2/5/18)
- Journey to the Center of the Earth by Jules Verne (Finished 2/17/18)
- Trust: A Godly Woman’s Adornment by Lydia Brownback (2008)(Finished 2/28/18)
- Sins of the Past by Dee Henderson, Dani Pettrey, and Lynette Easton (2016)(Finished 3/28/18)
- The Story of My Life by Helen Keller (1903)(Finished 3/31/18)
- Reading People: How Seeing the World Through the Lens of Personality Changes Everything by Anne Bogel (2017)(Finished 4/5/18)
- He Fell in Love With His Wife by Edward Payson Roe (1866)(Finished 4/8/18)
- Anchor in the Storm by Sarah Sundin (2016)(Finished 5/6/18)
- Drawing Near to the Heart of God by Cynthia Heald (2012)(Finished 5/16/17)
- Adam Bede by George Eliot (Mary Anne Evans)(1859)(Finished 5/19/18)
- The Illusionist’s Apprentice by Kristy Cambron (2017)(Finished 5/22/18)
- The Mountain Between Us by Charles Martin (2011)(Finished 6/3/18)
- Invincible Louisa by Cornelia Meigs (1933) (Finished 6/25/18)
- Looking Into You by Chris Fabry (2017)(Finished 7/10/18)
- My Father’s House by Rose Chandler Johnson (2016)(Finished 7/7/18)
- When the Morning Glory Blooms by Cynthia Ruchti (2013)(Finished 7/23/18)
- The Pattern Artist by Nancy Moser (2016)(Finished 8/4/18)
- Back Home Again: Tales of the Grace Chapel Inn by Melody Carlson (2008)(Finished 8/5/18)
- Reshaping It All: Motivation for Physical and Spiritual Fitness by Candace Cameron Bure (2011)(Finished 8/18/18)
- Full Assurance by H. A. Ironside (1968)(Finished 8/11/18)
- Before We Were Yours by Lisa Wingate (2017)(Finished 8/23/18)
- Tea With Emma by Diane Moody (2013)(Finished 9/19/18)
- Julia’s Hope by Leisha Kelly (2002)(Finished 9/23/18)
- Emma’s Gift by Leisha Kelly (2003) (Finished 9/29/18)
- Hidden Places by Lynn Austin (2001)(Finished 11/5/18)
- Coming Unglued by Rebeca Seitz (2008)(Finished around 10/20/28)
- Scrapping Plans by Rebeca Seitz (2009)(Finished 10/30/18)
- Perfect Piece by Rebeca Seitz (2009)(Finished 11/3/18)
- Someday Home by Lauraine Snelling (2015)(Finished 11/10/18)
- Florian’s Gate by T. Davis Bunn (1992)(Finished 11/24/18)
- Come Back, Barbara by C. John Miller and Barbara Miller Juliani (1988)(Finished 11/30/18)
- I’ll Be Home for Christmas by Lenora Worth, Belle Calhoune, Jill Kemerer, and Allie Pleiter. (2017)(Finished 12/12/18)
- A Spectacle of Glory: God’s Light Shining Through Me Every Day by Joni Eareckson Tada (2016)(Finished 12/29/18)
Thanks, Bev, for this fun motivation to finish off those books in our stacks and Kindles. I look forward to the challenge next year, too!