It’s Friday, time to look back over the blessings of the week with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story and other friends.
Here are some of the best parts of the last week:
1. Time with family. My oldest son was here all the week before and just headed back Sunday morning. We saw Jason, Mittu, and Timothy every day Jeremy was here. We got in some game-playing and talking as well as a trip to the zoo and an Easter egg hunt.
2. Quiet days after busy ones. Much as we love having everyone together and all the extra things to do, it was nice to just crash after Sunday morning church for the rest of the day. My daughter-in-law sent me this text, which made me smile.
3. Easter. Though in some ways, every Sunday is a commemoration of Jesus’ resurrection, it’s a blessing to spend concentrated time focusing on it. We had our Easter dinner and other activities the day before while everyone was here. So it was nice on Sunday to just heat up some leftovers after church.
4. Good medical results. Some of you remember that my husband had a cancerous kidney removed a few years ago. He has to have a follow-up CAT scan occasionally to make sure everything’s ok. That kind of cancer doesn’t usually spread, but there’s no ironclad guarantee. So a clean scan is good news indeed. Then he also had to have a routine colonoscopy Monday (another reason we had our Easter dinner on Saturday). Everything looked fine except for a couple of teeny polyps that were sent off for testing but weren’t expected to be problematic.
5. Lunch with a friend. Good fellowship, good food. And especially nice this time, since it gave me something to look forward to after a not-very-fun dentist appointment.
Bonus: Crossed-off to-do lists. On Mondays I usually make a list of things that have to get done as well as things I’d like to get to that week. Whatever’s left at the end of the week goes on to the next week’s list. It’s rare that every single item gets crossed off, but it happened recently!