It’s Friday, time to look back over the blessings of the week
with Susanne and other friends at Living to Tell the Story .
This has been a fairly quiet week, with Jesse and I sick the first part of it. But I think we’re mostly better now. And here we are a full week into June already. It’s time to stop and consider the best parts of the week.
1. Sick days aren’t fun in themselves, but it’s nice to have an excuse to just lay around and read or putter on the computer. That may have contributed to the three book reviews I wrote this week. 🙂
2. My hydrangeas are going to town.
3. Scrabble tile magnets. I rediscovered these a few weeks ago when I cleaned out my pantry, but forgot to mention them. They were a gift from a while back that had gotten lost. I plan to change out the message from time to time.
4. Face Time. I know I have mentioned this before. But we enjoyed an extended FaceTime “visit” with my out-of-state oldest son. Then since we were sick last weekend, we’ve gone almost two weeks with seeing Jason, Mittu, and Timothy – a strain for this Grandma! But a FaceTime call helped span the gap.
5. Beautiful music. I looked up a couple of favorite classical pieces for reference in next Monday’s post (which isn’t actually about classical music itself – it’s about Bible study. :)) But I couldn’t just find the links and go – I had to listen to a couple all the way through. It’s been a long time since I listened to anything classical, and I was reminded how much I love some of it. I’m so glad for God’s gift of beautiful music in a variety of genres.