It’s Friday, time to look back over the blessings of the week
with Susanne and other friends at Living to Tell the Story .
This has been another relatively quiet week. I usually try to keep a running list of what I might mention in the weekly Friday’s Fave Five: this week I had nothing. Not that it was a bad week at all: most of the week was just pretty uneventful after Sunday. But, as always, once I think about it I can find a few things to be thankful for.
1. Church potluck. A good time of food and fellowship. And everything I made turned out ok with no major or minor disasters. 🙂
2. Hot dogs are not something we eat often. But every now and then they hit the spot, especially in the summertime. My son and daughter-in-law had found some gluten-free hot dog buns they wanted to try out, so they offered to bring the fixings over to our house one night. Not having to cook or clean up was an added bonus!
3. Books are always a favorite. But summer seems to provide more time for them. My husband and I don’t watch all that much TV, but most of what we watch isn’t on in the summer. That allows for some pleasant evening reading. I often say that I will probably never finish my to-be-read list before I die, but that just means I’ll always have something to look forward to!
4. Sleep. For some reason, I had several nights of disrupted sleep, waking up every couple of hours. But the last few nights have been blissfully normal. That makes such a difference in my day.
5. Meal delivery. Often if my husband is out of town for more than a day, Jesse and I will get something out to eat. That stemmed from when the kids were little. By the time Jim got home from a business trip, I was ready to eat out. But he had been eating out all week, so he longed for a home-cooked meal. So we started getting one dinner out while he was away, both as a break for me and so I could get that craving out of my system. 🙂 This time we wanted something more restauranty than fast food, and discovered a local place delivered. It was very good!