It’s Friday, time to look back over the blessings of the week
with Susanne and other friends at Living to Tell the Story .
It seems like it’s been a quiet week online: my Feedly account of others’ blog posts has been very light, as have comments here. Maybe everyone’s off doing summery things. 🙂 We’ve been mostly indoors due to a rain, but here are some of the five best parts of the week:
1. Father’s Day. Had a good day remembering my father and step-father and celebrating my husband and son with spaghetti and Mittu’s pineapple upside-down cake.
2. Finally getting a haircut. I tend not to get around to it until I can hardly stand it any more. When my hair gets to a certain length, it just goes limp. Nice to get that taken care of.
3. Finally getting flowers in my planters. I usually have these done way back in May. They look much better than they did.
4. Takeout on a sick day. I don’t get migraines often, but battled one this week. I feel for those who are prone to them. Thankfully there was nothing pressing that day, so I could lay low. I asked my husband if he could bring home McAlister’s Deli that night, and he did.
5. This adorable video which has been making the rounds is just SO cute. Denny’s even asked the father and son duo to do a sweet commercial.
Happy first day of summer!
A haircut is definitely a booster. Cute video. My grandson is using more words all the time but he still babbles a lot and it’s so entertaining. Have a good weekend.
Barbara, hi! Spaghetti and pineapple upside down cake sound mighty fine right about now. it’s a cool, rainy day here and that menu hits the spot …
Your Father’s Day dinner sounds wonderful. My mom, now wth Jesus, used to make pineapple upside cake for easter and in the summer and all of us kids loved it!!! NO one likes pineapple ( not my husband or girls) so I’ve never made it!!
I used to get horomal migraines before menopause every few months so i can relate. Glad you are on the mend and it didn’t linger more than a day!
I love when my husband picks up food for dinner and those plants look very nice!
.I hope you are feeling better now. I’m not prone to migraines but my daughter suffers with them ALOT.
Oh yeah, the haircut dilemma. I often wait too long and just get annoyed with my bangs when they flip and curl. Haircuts really are a blessing. 🙂
Have a great weekend!
I’m sorry you every have migraines. So good to have those around you who understand and help. Such nice plant color combinations for your planters. As Willow said: Haircuts are a blessing!