It’s Friday, time to look back over the blessings of the week
with Susanne and other friends at Living to Tell the Story .
The first Friday of August! Our family has a lot to look forward to this month. But first, let’s take a moment to look back and appreciate good things from the last week.
1. A gift of meat. Jason and Mittu bought some Balsamic Rosemary Beef Steak Tips from Trader Joe’s, then noticed the seasonings had gluten, which Mittu and Timothy can’t have. They asked us if we wanted it. Sure! We enjoyed it with some potatoes and carrots and salad.
2. A productive week. Some days–even weeks–it feels like I am constantly busy, yet never get ahead. This week I got to dig into some stuff and felt really good about it.
3. The Friend Finder app. Jim’s been on the road a lot this week, and this app on the phone helps me see where he is and calculate when he’ll be home, so I know when to start making dinner. Sometimes he’ll call or text me his ETA, but that can vary with traffic and stops.
4. Slushy orange juice. Once I had some punch at a shower that was made by freezing citrusy juices, then thawing them out just until slushy and adding ginger ale. It was so good and refreshing. Since then, sometimes in the summer I’ll put a glass of orange juice in the freezer while my oatmeal is cooking. By the time the rest of my breakfast is ready, my juice has ice crystals in it. I’ll pour in a little ginger ale, and voila!
5. Texts about Timothy. I mentioned this in my end-of-July post, but this text from my son about my grandson cracked me up:
I know that feeling. 🙂
Speaking of my end-of-July post, I also acknowledged my blog anniversary and am holding a giveaway to celebrate it there. I invite you to enter for the giveaway drawing on that post.
Oh it sounds like a wonderful week! Special dinner with family and that adorable text message!! Ooh…i should get that App!!! And that’s a great idea with the oj. I’d probably add in a little seltzer.
Have a wonderfully refreshing weekend.
Timothy’s comment still has me laughing … 🙂
That meat sounds wonderful!!! I’d take that as a gift any time. And yes, Timothy’s comment is hilarious!! Kids – you never know what’s going to come out of their mouths. 🙂 –Ann
So nice that you live close enough to enjoy meals together and share food. I don’t use dedicated app, but the info feature on my messaging app locates the person who has shared her location with me (Mom, in this case) and it’s very handy. Sound like Timothy is already well aware of how fragile memory can be!
I very much agree with Timothy I also have holes in my head, even more and more ! lol
Hahaha I so relate to Timothy…I suspect I have several holes. LOL. I would never think that seasoned meat would have gluten. Wow, so much to be aware of when you are sensitive to that. But a blessing for you! The meal sounds delicious.
Remember Art Linkletter’s show? and his “Kids Say the Darndest Things” section? Timothy would have been a perfect contestant.
My daughter is truly allergic to gluten. She has to read every label. I’ll warn her about the TJ’s meat.
Happy Blogaversary to you!