It’s Friday, time to look back over the blessings of the week
with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story and other friends.
This has been a good week! Here are some of the best parts:
1. Safety. My son and daughter-in-law’s Ring doorbell camera caught someone peeking in their window one night. My son spoke to the guy through the speaker. The guy ran off, but my son called the police. The policeman searched the area, but of course, the guy was long gone. The policeman said the guy wasn’t likely to come back because, if he was a thief, he was looking for an easy target. But the police would still patrol the area for a few weeks. It shook us all up a bit, but we’re thankful for camera doorbells and outside lights and policemen, and, most of all, God’s protection. Timothy was very brave, though, and had his flashlight and megaphone ready for use when the policeman came. 🙂
2. Mother’s Day. My family always goes above and beyond to make the day special for me. My husband grilled burgers and we ate on the patio so we could spread out a bit. We’ve had some socially-distanced visits in the last few weeks, but it was so good to have a meal together again. My daughter-in-law made a wonderful chocolate peanut butter cake.
3. A gift of meals. My daughter-in-law’s Mother’s Day gift to me was four meals she prepared. It was so nice this week to have four nights without thinking about what to have or preparing beyond warming up what she had made.
4. A cup of encouragement. This was a gift from my husband. ♥ I don’t know if I can call myself an author yet (does that happen when you publish a book?) The cup is so cute! But mostly I love that he has always supported and encouraged my writing in any form.
5. A great picture with Timothy. Timothy has been doing this boy thing lately of wanting to make funny faces during picture-taking (or do girls do that, too? When my boys were young, it was bunny ears in every picture. 🙂 ) His dad tricked him into laughing for this one with my lovely daughter-in-law and me.
We did get a little closer than 6 feet a couple of times. But all of us have been home except for my husband and son, and they’ve mainly just been to grocery stores.
What’s something good from your week?
so happy your son and his family are ok…………and what an amazing Mother’s Day! So happy for you. 🙂 🙂 🙂
What a sweet picture of you and your daughter-in-law and grandson. I have had a few outdoor picnics with my grandchildren in their yard. The weather here has been cold and rainy so we haven’t had too many chances to get out but it’s nice to see them even if it isn’t as often as I would like.
Oooh, kind of scary that someone was peeking in the window! Glad that ended well. That cake looks so delicious; pb/chocolate is my favorite combo. You absolutely are an author, and I love that your husband is supportive of it!!
So glad you son and his family were safe. That is very unsettling. I have been thinking of getting a doorbell cam, but haven’t yet. It would probably be a really good investment. So glad you had such a nice Mother’s Day. I love that author mug. Writing a blog counts – I think! Stay well and have a good weekend!
Well that sounded scary but glad the doorbell put the thief off. My daughter has one and if we weren’t in limbo over moving I’d probably get one. Glad you had such a good Mother’s Day and got to see family. That cakes look yummy and what a lovely present of meals! Have a good weekend.
Absolutely love the mug! 🙂 What a nice Mothers Day! Timothy is growing up so fast!! What a handsome boy and what a clever mom he has! That was a great gift idea she came up with! And so thankful to hear they are okay!! What a scary experience!
Lovely picture of you and your DIL and Timothy! Such a clever idea making the meals. I would LOVE that! The cake looks divine, I can smell the peanut butter and chocolate. Your mug is so sweet, and YES you can call yourself an author, I always enjoy your blog, you’re a good writer. I’m glad your family is safe and so sorry for the scare. We had a similar incident and it prompted us to get security cameras. It does make me feel better.
What a lovely picture of you, Mittu and Timothy! It sounds like your Mother’s Day was lovely and you were blessed by your family. The meals as a gift is a wonderful idea, I would love that too! And the peanut butter cake looks amazing! And you’re mug is so cute.
I’m glad your son and family are safe! Love those Ring doorbells. I think we’ll get one when we move.
What a lovely Mother’s Day you had. Ready made dinner! A perfect gift.
Boys making faces…oh yes. And yes, some girls (like mine) do it too.
Have a good and safe week!
I love the gift of so many meals! And the picture with Timothy is super cute. 🙂
I love love love that your DIL is always thinking— that gift of meals is sweet and such a treat. Plus that cake looks amazing. Support from your husband like that is wonderful.