Another week is almost done. They go so fast these days. On Fridays I like to slow down for a moment with Susanne and friends to note the good things of the week, lest they slip by without notice. Here are some highlights of my week:
1. The 4th of July. I love my country, though it’s not perfect.I love the opportunity to celebrate her birthday. Though the city-wide activities were more low-key this year, we did hear and see a number of fireworks around us. My husband’s grilled burgers were the centerpiece of our July 4th meal. So good, as always. But especially since we’ve not been eating takeout, except for an occasional pizza, our burger cravings were satisfied. And my daughter-in-law made a scrumptious cheesecake for dessert. The “4th” decoration is made from diced Reese’s cups.
2. Mostly homemade pizza. I found some ready-made pizza crusts at the store (Mama Mia brand) that were a good price. I bought toppings and made my own pizza sauce for a dinner at home. I thought they turned out really well. I liked the crusts better than the kind from a can that you roll out. Plus they have a gluten-free version we can get for when my daughter-in-law and grandson are here.
3. Zucchini cake. I mentioned last week that a neighbor gifted us with zucchini from his garden. We’ve used some as a side dish, and I made a sausage/zucchini/squash/noodle dish last night. I made a zucchini cake by halving this recipe. So good—hadn’t had something like that in ages. (What’s your favorite zucchini recipe? I still have a lot left. 🙂 I was pleased to learn I can freeze shredded zucchini.)
4. My husband washing my car. I stepped into the garage Wednesday to get some chicken from the freezer there, and I was surprised to see my husband washing my car in the driveway. It has some shields over the top of the windows that he doesn’t think would fare well in an automatic car wash, so it has to be done by hand at home. It was in sore need of cleaning, and I was thankful he took that on.
5. A clean kitchen window and windowsill have been on my list of things to do for a while. I finally got to it yesterday. Makes for a much brighter outlook!
How was your week?