On Fridays I like to pause for a few moments with Susanne and friends
to reflect on some of the blessings of the week.
The first full week of October was cool and lovely.
One NOT-favorite thing this week is WordPress’s new block editor. Is anyone else frustrated with that? I didn’t even like the Classic Editor—I liked the old editor before that. It had a toolbar across the top and a sidebar with everything I needed. Now I’m having to look up how to do the simplest tasks. It’s maddening when a simple process is done away and replaced with a complicated one. They’re allowing us to still use the Classic one, at least for a while—but sometimes the post will switch from classic to block when I am right in the middle of it. Grr!
Well, on to more pleasant things:
1. Cleaning off my desk. Probably no one else would be able to tell a difference. But I can. 🙂 Plus, in cleaning out my “in box,” I found three gift cards that I had forgotten about!
2. A church picnic. We seem to be having these a little more often than the pre-pandemic potlucks we used to have. We have them outside on a covered pavilion with everyone distancing and bringing their own food so as to avoid cross contamination. We did share cupcakes this time, though, for the pastor’s son’s birthday! It was nice to catch up with folks, especially a few who are not on Facebook much.
3. Cleaning catch-up. I’ve been keeping up with dishes and laundry and occasional sweeping, but not much else since my hospitalization a few of weeks ago. I can’t say I enjoy housework, but I enjoy the results. 🙂 I got caught up on some routine housework tasks plus did a partial cleanout of my closet, including throwing away a few things that I should have last spring.
4. A meal from my daughter-in-law. I know I mention this often. But it’s a favorite every time. 🙂 This day in particular, I had my annual physical then went to the grocery store. My husband usually helps bring in and put away groceries, but he was away that day and Jesse was working–he can only take breaks on schedule. So by the time I got done, I was a little frazzled. Then I got a text from Mittu offering to bring over rotisserie chicken, mashed potatoes, green beans, and banana chocolate chip cake. Though I always appreciate it when she brings over a meal, it was especially welcome that day. Then she and Jason cleaned the meat off the bones and let us have the leftover meat, enough for 2-3 more meals.
5. Fixing an iPhone and iPad glitch. I have two email accounts and hadn’t been able to access one on my devices. I could read email but not send or forward it. I’ve just been handling mail for that account on my computer. But this week I uninstalled and reinstalled that email account on both devices, and it seems to work ok now.
And that wraps up my week. How was yours?