It’s Friday, time to look back over the blessings of the week
with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story and other friends.
This hasn’t been the greatest week due to grey, rainy skies and a series of minor frustrations. But taking a moment to count blessings helps us change perspective and see God’s hand at work. Here are a few from my week:
1. My husband had to take care of some caulking that had chipped off around our shower. Part of the process was cleaning the area he was going to caulk. He took the opportunity to clean the whole shower plus the sink. That saved me a lot of time and effort that day. Plus he does a much better job of it than I do! We have hard water here and have to fight lime build-up. I can’t always get it off in spite of multiple cleaners and much scrubbing, but he can. It was so nice to step into a sparkling clean shower the next day. Much appreciated!
2. Take-out food. Due to the pandemic, we had not been getting take-out except for an occasional pizza. Some of you know that getting food out is one of my favorite things, one of the times I truly feel like I’m getting time “off.” So I have missed it. My son and daughter-in-law texted to ask about coming over Friday night and offered to bring something. We got Asian food from a place they like that we hadn’t tried yet. So good!
3. Movie night with the family. My son and daughter-in-law suggested watching Ferdinand together, an animated movie about a bull that doesn’t want to fight in the bullring. It was cute and funny.
4. My son and daughter-in-law’s kitchen makeover. My son sent this before and after photo:
They really brightened it up and modernized it!
5. A word in due season. One of the writing blogs I follow had a post I particularly appreciated this week. A few days after reading it, I realized this post was the answer to some earlier musing about my own writing. I don’t remember if I had consciously prayed about it, but I had sensed a need to adjust how I expressed myself a bit. Then it dawned on me that this post laid out how handle the very concerns I had been pondering. God is so good!
What’s a blessing from your week?
Their kitchen looks amazing! I love the back splash. I know we had a lot of rain this week but I’ve love the higher temps! I miss our lunches out. I hope we can get back to that sometime this year.
Thanks for sharing the link to the writing blog. It’s always nice to find inspiration from different places. Our local group is having a virtual conference this year. I’m excited to sign up, and I think it will be a nice change to learn from home.
The new kitchen looks fabulous!
I love the Ferdinand book and didn’t know there’s a movie. I’ll look for it for my grandkids.
Have a lovely weekend, Barbara.
I love the kitchen makeover. Wow, they have a big kitchen with a lot of cupboard space. I love the center island they put in. That is so nice that your husband could give the bathroom a good cleaning. So helpful. Take out Asian food sounds so good, and we have decided to do that tomorrow evening. Isn’t is so wonderful when we get an answer to prayer that is right in front of us?! God is surely good. I love all of these favorites. Have a wonderful weekend. 🙂
What a nice thing to have your husband tackle a chore that was difficult for you.
Hurray for take out! I love it, too, though with dietary restrictions, it does mean being more choosy.
I like the new personality of that rehabbed kitchen. Yes, agree with the poster above — lots of cabinets is wonderful 🙂 A friend of mine bought a newly built house (it was the last in a development so she had no say in finish details) and the kitchen had exactly one drawer. She wound up buying a large dresser to house all the things her built-in cabinets did not!
The kitchen looks fantastic and white is so trendy again!!
That was wonderful of your husband to do the shower cleaning and caulking. That’s a good man right there!!
How nice of your son and daughter in law to order some take out food. We will probably order out for Valentine’s Day as Dave and I usually prefer staying in and doing our tradition of watching Casablanca and having a nice bottle of wine to share with some good food from a fave restaurant.
HAPPY VALENTINE’s DAY!
LOVE the kitchen, and I too love eating out and getting takeout. Cooking every night gets pretty dreary! This week … hmmmm, I feel happy today because one boy I accompanied and one boy who I teach piano to each recorded their solo/ensemble pieces just now and successfully uploaded them. Yay for getting those submitted 🙂
Sounds like your hubby did a good job on the shower and your son’s kitchen makeover looks great too! Take away is a nice break from cooking too. Enjoy your weekend.
Oh wow! That kitchen remodel is the best!
I enjoy an occasional take out dinner too. Usually for us that means we get two or three meals from it because we just don’t eat that much at a single meal.
Happy Valentine’s Day weekend!
Wow, what a difference in that kitchen! It is gorgeous. I love their choice of backsplash, definitely makes it a focal point. I miss eating out in restaurants. It was one of the things we enjoyed as a couple and with friends. We’ve only gotten pizza and fish and chips as takeout because they, in our minds, were the least handled after being cooked. The Asian food sounds delicious. How nice that Jim cleaned out the whole shower for you along with the job of caulking. Love words and posts that speak something right when I need it!