It’s Friday, time to look back over the blessings of the week
with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story and other friends.
It’s hard to believe we’re at the last Friday of March already. Here are a few good things from this week:
1. A visit and a repair. My computer has taken to flashing a blue screen and then restarting itself several times over a few weeks. I finally was able to take a picture of what the blue screen said (there wasn’t enough time to read it before the computer restarted itself) and sent it to my oldest son. I happened to catch him on a day he took off, so he remoted into my computer and updated a driver, and we had a nice chat. Unfortunately, the computer did crash again this week. He said in that case we might need to open it up and get the dust out. So that’s next—as soon as my husband or youngest son can get to that. I’m thankful I have people in the family who can help with things like this.
2. Jim is painting Jesse’s old room. I’ll let you know what’s in store for the room in my end-of-month post next week.
3. Church in person. Since we got our COVID vaccinations a couple of weeks ago, we felt it was probably ok to start attending church in person again. They ask that we wear masks coming in and out, but we sit in family groups distanced from each other and can take our masks off during the service. Last Sunday also happened to be the Sunday for bringing our own lunches and eating in lawn chairs (still distanced) on the pavilion (as opposed to the potluck dinners we used to have, so we don’t spread germs). It felt good to see everyone in person. But honestly, it also felt a little weird. I don’t know if it will just take a while to get used to being with people again, since we’ve been mostly home for a year—or if it will still feel weird until we’re able to put masks away. But, overall it was good and a step toward normalcy.
4. The first day of spring. I always love the official end of winter.
5. A new quick sweet snack. I wanted something sweet yesterday but didn’t have anything in the house I liked. I looked through an old cookbook I had put together from recipes torn out of one of Taste of Home’s old magazines, Cooking for One or Two (I wish it was still in publication). I was trying to find something simple and quick and came across Chocolate Chip Quesadillas. I used one tortilla cut in half and used margarine instead of oil. It hit the spot!
How was your week?