It’s Friday, time to look back over the blessings of the week
with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story and other friends.
Here we are at the first Monday of April. We’re having another cold snap, and I am hoping this is the last one. You just never know. But the temperatures have been lovely in daytime.
Here are some favorite parts of the last week:
1. A new sewing/craft room. I mentioned in my end-of-month post that since my youngest moved out, we transferred my sewing and craft things from the small bedroom they were in to his larger room. But first my husband patched holes, painted walls, and cleaned the carpet. The room is so much brighter, and everything fits in it much better. Jim helped me move most of the things in last Saturday. I have a few more small things to do in the old room, then he’ll patch and paint that one. Then we’ll turn it into a guest bedroom.
2. Pegboard accessories. Jesse had a pegboard in his room but didn’t want to take it. I decided to keep it. My work table fits just perfectly underneath it. And I’ve discovered a wide world of pegboard accessories! I had only known of the metal industrial ones from the hardware store, so I am having a blast deciding what I need from these cute options.
3. When kids want to come over. One thing about having adult kids is that they all have their own lives. Which is how it’s supposed to be. We see Jason, Mittu, and Timothy usually at least once a week, often more. With Jesse just moving out, we weren’t sure how often he’d want to come over. And he got a washer and dryer already, so he doesn’t need to come home for laundry any more. 🙂 We knew they all had plans last Saturday. We thought we might hear from them Sunday, but we didn’t. We enjoyed a restful day. Then Monday Jesse texted and asked if he could come over for dinner and just hang out with us for a while. I was touched. 🙂 I texted Jason and Mittu to see if they were free to come, too, and we had a good evening. I’m not sure how often schedules will work out for all of us to get together with Jesse on his own now, so I appreciate those times even more.
4. Ladies Bible Study. This was my first one in person in a year, though most everyone else has been meeting in person for a few months now. We spread out across the conference room.
5. Sarku from the mall. I love their chicken teriyaki. They are on the way home from church, so we used to get take-out from them often. But we haven’t done that in a year, either. 🙂 Until this last Sunday. So good!
With this being Good Friday, I can’t let it go by without saying how thankful I am for Jesus’ death for our sins. I was just recounting to someone recently how I almost got swept up in a false religion as a teenager. I was so lost and confused, and my life could have gone so many bad ways. I can’t adequately express my gratitude for God’s drawing me to Himself.
I hope you have a wonderful Easter weekend.