It’s Friday, time to look back over the blessings of the week
with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story and other friends.
The first week of April, 2021 is in the books. I hope yours was a good one. Here are some highlights from mine:
1. Easter. Though we think of the resurrection of Christ through the year, it’s special to focus on its meaning on Easter Sunday. And we enjoy the fun parts of Easter as well. All the family but my oldest were able to come, and we Facetimed with him. We enjoyed a good dinner and dessert, and the kids had fun with hunting Easter eggs. Then everyone left and Jim and I crashed. 🙂
2. Watching Timothy while his parents were getting their COVID shots.
3. My late package came in! I almost never have trouble getting Amazon packages, but three of them disappeared somewhere between Amazon and here recently. One contained a sewing machine cabinet I had ordered to replace the desk I’ve been keeping my machine on. I know none of the packages were delivered and then stolen because we have a camera on our doorbell and would have seen that—plus Amazon still shows the packages as out for delivery. I got refunds for the other two, but held out on the cabinet, hoping it would come in. It finally did Thursday afternoon!
4. Jim and Jesse being willing to put the cabinet together. We had already asked Jesse if he’d be willing to help put it together, and he was. Jim has said that Jesse is good at figuring out the instructions and multitudes of parts of projects like this. As I am writing now, Thursday afternoon, the plan is for Jesse to come over for dinner after work and then start on the cabinet. If they get it done tonight, I’ll take a picture.
Update: They did get it finished!
I don’t know why the carpet looks gold in the top photo: it’s beige. Anyway, I am looking forward to transferring my sewing stuff over.
5. A successful grocery trip. Though we’re not experiencing the shortages of early pandemic days, I often can’t find everything I’m looking for in stores. This week I had to go to two places, but found what I wanted.
What’s something good from your week?