It’s Friday, time to look back over the blessings of the week
with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story and other friends.
It’s been a full week at the Harper household. Here are some of our blessings.
1. A used RV. My husband has been dreaming of this for years. We were originally thinking of getting an RV when he retired. He’s been researching them and looking at used ones for some time. We wanted one small enough to be easily maneuverable but big enough not to feel claustrophobic. When he found a good deal on this one in great condition, the time seemed right. We’re still figuring it out. They took him through a three-hour orientation, but it still takes going through the procedures on one’s own a few times to get the hang of it. We’ll probably try it out somewhere nearby at first. And then, who knows? One goal eventually is to visit our oldest son in RI.
2. Timothy’s birthday! Our little grandson is seven! And not so little any more! On his birthday, numerous Facebook memories popped up about his premature birth and God’s faithfulness to bring him and our family through that time.
3. Timothy’s birthday cake. My daughter-in-law is amazing. Timothy is into the Minecraft video game, so his birthday used that theme. This Minecraft-inspired cake used cake squares, Rice Krispie squares, and Jello squares.
4. A clear day. His parents had planned to have lunch at a park on Timothy’s birthday, and then his birthday party would be in the evening when everyone was off work. Rain was forecast that day, but it held off until later in the afternoon. I know there were multiple reasons for the weather beyond one boy’s birthday, but I was so thankful the rain was delayed.
5. Timothy’s other grandparents were able to be here from OK for a few days this week.
It’s been a beautiful spring week here in TN. Even with rain one day, the weather has been gorgeous, and so many trees are blooming. That makes for pollen and allergies . . . but nothing is perfect. 🙂 The weather this week has been pretty close to it, though.
How was your week?
I know you’ve posted pictures of Timothy over the years, but how big he’s become is still astonishing — seems the years have just flown. So glad celebrations were clearly fun and successful! That Mittu. She is truly a marvel. I love her interpretation of birthday “cake”!
Congrats on your new-to-you RV! It looks sturdy and hopefully will launch you all on new adventures.
What a fun week you had!!
wow….he’s SEVEN already!!! I cannot believe it!! time flies that’s for sure. That’s a really interesting cake or whatever it is……do tell the story behind it!! It looks like it’s supposed to be something but i can’t tell what. hahah
How nice his OK grandparents could also visit and congrats on the new camping vehicle! an RV is not something we want although we did used to love our little pop up camper when the girls were younger. We camped SO MANY TIMES from about 1990-2008. Saw a LOT of New England and NY that way!
enjoy the weekend….has been a wonderful spring here too until today with rainy snow and chilly temps!
The cake is based on a video game called Minecraft where everything — people, ground, water, animals–is in squares. The blue jello was water, the orange jello lava, the Rice Krispie squares ground, and cake squares a hill.
Happy Birthday to Timothy! So glad the rain held off so your could have your celebration. I love that cake. My grandson Thomas really likes Minecraft too. That RV will be great. So glad you got a good deal on it. Have a great weekend and I will see you again soon.
Belated birthday wishes to Timothy. Cake looks amazing. He must have enjoyed having his other grandparents around for a bit too. That RV looks great too. I hope you get a lot of use out of it.
Enjoy the rest of the weekend.
7 years already ! Time flies by, I remember when he couldn’t leave hospital because he was born to early and too tiny and look what a nice big boy he has become ! Toby is now 10 and has got his first smartphone ! He was very proud !!
Happy Birthday to Timothy! I remember the posts you wrote when he was born and we all prayed for him to live and thrive. And he is.
Love your RV! We have an older and smaller one that is getting a look over the end of this week. Then maybe we can take it out for a test overnight soon!
I am north of you a bit, but yes, the flowers are blooming and I’m loving it!
Oh my goodness, Happy Birthday to Timothy. What fun it’s been to watch him grow over the years thru your posts. How exciting to get an RV. I’m wishing we had one. No trees blooming here yet but I do have my early spring polka dot hostas coming up. We’re having whiplash weather. Gorgeous and t-shirt/shorts weather one day, and winter coat/spring snow the next.
Pingback: April Reflections | Stray Thoughts